Just bought, psycho billy turbo kit. WHAT IS IT!!!

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't feel any in and out movement, but definatly some side to side.. It does'nt seem to contact at all, but it's kinda hard to tell i geuss. Could i just pull it apart and throw new seal's in it and inspect it, or is that best left up to a turbo guy.. This is the first turbo i'vew ever played with so it's all new to me.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok finally some pics of the turbo setup. Basicly this is all i'm reusing the manifold, intake hat and maybe the turbo. The rest will be either upgraded or used as a template to make new..

The manifold
You must be registered for see images attach

The turbo

The hat

The turbo is marked Airesearch A/r 70, whatever that means.. I think it is cotacting the housing, hard to tell but i think a rebuild ior upgrade is in it's future..

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
http://www.forcedinductions.com/help.htm

good info there on how to figure ar and wheel trim, you would have to take the turbo apart to figure trim but like I said I would hate for you to spend money on getting it rebuilt then not like the performance

once you get ar and trim I bet others could help you to figure out how well it would theoretically work

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info thanks, but i think the wheel mite be ever so lightly cntacting the housing. Its hard to tell but i feel it needs redone before i can run it, so i'm trying to figure out whats best for me to do.. I wonder what other turbo's i could use that would fit and are redaly avalible..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to check out the pics "mabc926" posted for me, but his post's are not showing up?? Whats the deal with that, i was using his pics for referance to order parts..

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Just wanted to check out the pics "mabc926" posted for me, but his post's are not showing up?? Whats the deal with that, i was using his pics for referance to order parts..

PM me your email and I'll send them to you.

I took them down myself because I do not want my valued information floating around on a site that is run like a dictatorship ;Sweet

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool post pics of your's when you get it freebird, is it another BAE or is it a rayjay kit..

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i have no idea....the turbo is a rotomaster

only pic i got so far

Last edited:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
could the cold side be turned to get a much straighter shot into the intake?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like sombody had just the manifold either BAE or Rayjay an made the rest.. Still cool to find, what year is the truck..

Last edited:

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id love to loan mine out for recasting, but i have'nt any idea how to get something recast or the cost.. I'm sure i could sell them thou if i could get them cast for a resonable price.. What i could do is take it to my local fab guy and see about making replica's in header form, my local guy Jimmy Walters is Realy Realy good and resonably priced.. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online