Just bought, psycho billy turbo kit. WHAT IS IT!!!

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked the tracking #, turbo is going to be here tomarrow. Hope i'm not disipointed, willl post pics of it when i get it.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any turbo is far above and better than n/a.even if you need to rebuild it at some point im sure its worth it.
you'll get 'er on there and be all smiles.:)
i really need to get on the ball and install mine lol.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the kit a few minutes ago, camera is dead so no pics. Anyway manifold looks good, turbo seems to be in good shape as are the aluminum plenums and the gauges are surprisingly nice and clean.. Crossover pipe is cut in half to fit inside the box, and down pipe is pretty chitty so i'll be having a new down pipe made and a new crossover pipe. Probly send the turbo to russ aswell before i put it on and have it upgraded, talk about old skool. Plus i need to figure out what to do with my cdr and also oil lines?? Probly wont be going on untill mid-late summer..

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the kit on ebay and thought it was super cool. I would have bought it but have been saving for my bump project. Good luck on the the kit and the rebuild.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow all that will help alott, thanks a bunch.. How did it run outa the box trim, what kinda boost did you see.. I'm thinking of sending my turbo to russ for an upgrade or just finding a cheap hx35 or hx40. I hate to have to try putting a hole in my oil pan while it's on the truck, and pulling it is'nt an option.. Maybe i'll have to put a pump on it so i can punp the oil back up to the valve cover maybe..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that all the pis you have?? If you have more you can just email them to me if you don't wanna post them all, i'll take any pics you have of it.. thanks

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. As for mine, mi got a stuck turbo bolt with a rounded head.. Been playing with it all morning, hope i can get it out without breaking the manifold:eek:..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother got that stubern s.o.b of a bolt out lat night, manifold is in perfect shape.. Turbo looks way small, i wonder if it's worth upgrading or maybe i shoulbd find another turbo that will fit on the manifold?? Either way it has side o side play so it will need rebuilt.. Good news is i got a half refund on it from the ebay seller becouse he sold it as turbo good and cut the crossover pipe, So it only cost me 170.00 plus shipping.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
for what its worth....my thoughts are you have the turbo...its in a spot thats not difficult to remove....put it on and run it and see what it does before throwin more money at it.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It feels pretty loosy goosy as far as side to side movment, i think i'm better off just getting it rebuilt..

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i thouht mine had play that way too. turns out they will have some play to allow for oil flow and heat expansion. does it have any in and out play?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I would say if side to side doesnt allow it to contact the housing, and there is less than just enough to feel in and out I would run it and if you dont like the results then I wouldn't waste my money rebuilding it, just buy one that fits and will work better. If you like it you could then have it rebuilt for peice of mind.

that way you arent spending money on rebuilding a turbo that wont perform well.

either that or if you can spec it out maybe russ can tell you how well it will theoretically work.