I've got some problems guys

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We put it in with a wrench at a funny angle, I have a set of gearwrench sockets that are thru holed and work very good for senders and fittings.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Alright, thanks Russ. I'll go take it out and see what the deal with it is. I did notice that the rubber gromit on top of it was way up on the wires, and wasnt even on the sender itself, maybe thats the cause.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Hey Justin, Glad to hear it wasn't the head gasket! You seem to have had hell getting it going with the turbo. Maybe now you can enjoy it a little.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea no kidding man, I was rooting for ya that it wouldnt be head gaskets. You have luck like me man. lol If something can go wrong, it WILL go wrong.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Y'all quit talking about head gaskets already. Sheesh.

Justin, make sure everything's tight first. You can also pull the sender out and put a pipe plug in it for now if the sender is busted.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all quit talking about head gaskets already. Sheesh.

Justin, make sure everything's tight first. You can also pull the sender out and put a pipe plug in it for now if the sender is busted.

what he said;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah hopefully this is the last hurdle I will have to go over for some time. And I'm going to go with the, if I dont say or think headgasket it wont happen thing :D ;Sweet.

But I can not get that sender out, its kinda ******* me off. I'm pretty sure its 3/4" but I just cant get a wrench on it. Plus its down there right by the bell housing, so if I do get a wrench on it it will be at some extreme angle. I had to just walk away, I tend to mess things up when I'm working on something when I'm angry/PO. I will try to get to it tommorow.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Alright, thanks Russ. I'll go take it out and see what the deal with it is. I did notice that the rubber gromit on top of it was way up on the wires, and wasnt even on the sender itself, maybe thats the cause.

Which type of sender do you have? Is it one of these or one of these ?
The big ones you need to go after with a stubby open wrench ( don't try to turn the canister with your hand ) the small ones you can usually get with a deep socket after finagling the wire nut off.

If you had to use a reducer bushing in the hole, remember to pop that thing out and use fresh sealer on it. For a better seal, get a small tube of the Permatex thread sealern at the parts store and use that instead of teflon tape. Make sure all the threads are clean before installing ( dip a rag corner in brake parts cleaner, alcohol, etc and poke in in there till it's clean ) It seals better than teflon tape and no worries about tape chunks finding their way into delicate areas. Use sparingly.

---------Robert

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Neither, its for oil temp, not preasure. I wonder what one of those things will cost me....

But thanks for the tip man, I appreciate it ;Sweet.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Neither, its for oil temp, not preasure. I wonder what one of those things will cost me....

But thanks for the tip man, I appreciate it ;Sweet.

Oops, my bad :hail It doesn't look like they have the oil temp senders listed seperately. You'll probably need to call them on that one. At least a temp sender should be easier to get out.

It shouldn't be all that expensive. Temp senders are pretty basic.
I'd be surprised if they stab you more than about $20

--------Robert

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully the bill wont be to bad. I'm just wanting to get this thing back on the road badly.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
So ISSPRO finally got back to me today ;Sweet. Bad news is they cant sell me just a sender because its a match set (sender, amplifier, and gauge). But the good news is that they lady who emailed me is willing to give me a one time offer of $75 for a whole new "match set", so I'm thinking that would be a new gauge as well. I'm going to take that offer :D . Just dont go asking for great deals from ISSPRO though, I probably wasnt supposed to tell you guys how much I'm going to get a new one for, but it never said I couldnt :D.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7