I've got some problems guys

SKimballC

Reaction score
Yeah, but did you figure out if it's definitely your sender that's leaking? Were you able to get everything tight, or get the sender removed and plug that port?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Nope, I havent yanked it out. I just dont really want to mess with it right now, but I've got to drive it to school on Monday cause the parents are tired of me driving there truck around. So I'm going to sick my dad on it, and have him pull it, and put a pipe plug in. Its 1/8" pipe plug right? If I find out its not the sender then I'll put it back in, cause ISSPRO wouldnt ship out the new one until Monday, so it gives me time to figure it out.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well I went out and got out the old sender out, I cant really say if that was the problem or not, but the end of the sensor was bent like it was tightened down onto something solid and bent the bottom of it. I put a pipe plug in it, and no more leaks. I went for a quick test drive, and boost seems good, but a little on the low side. I got on it in 4th for like 5 seconds and only got to 7psi, I'm figuring its still wearing in, hopefully. Sounds good, all is good. Now hopefully it will last a couple hundred more miles than the last one :D.

Thanks to all of you for you help ;Sweet.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoever assembled the housings may have turned down the wastegate:dunno :rotflmao :angel:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Could just be that you're getting the full strength winter blend fuel now too. That'll take a bit of wind out of your sails.

-------Robert

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Add a ton of snow to the bed and find a long freeway onramp. See how much boost it makes pulling a load and then lets talk turning it up or boosting it up....

SKimballC

Reaction score
Whoever assembled the housings may have turned down the wastegate:dunno :rotflmao :angel:

Russ, now you've REALLY done it. He gets his truck running straight again, and here you go encouraging him to blow up his motor:rotflmao :rotflmao Now where did I hear that phrase?:D

Anyways, right on Justin. Glad you got it all together again.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm not worried about boost right now, it was kinda icy/snowy when I went out so I wasnt wanting to go to fast. I'm just happy its on the road again. Its been snowing all day, and the roads were real wet when I went out because it was just above freezing, and its supposed to drop down to 24* at 6-7 in the morning, so heres hopeing to no school.

I'll keep you guys posted as to how much boost and what not is happening over the next couple of days.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am protecting his head gaskets. As per his boost numbers before it went south I lengthed the wg rod 2 turns, over 7 psi without intercooler makes too much heat anyway.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well, its running great still. I can not drive with the radio on, with all the windows down (with it snowing out, high 20's), listening. I'm kinda paranoid about all the what if's, and its not helping having my heater blower motor sqeuking every so often (I think the bearings are going on the motor, it will squek, but then it all goes away if I turn the heater off). Max boost I saw today was 6.5psi, thats good enough till I can get some new head gaskets/head studs in.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Umm, another problem has unsurfased. I remember having it before my turbo went south, but it is getting louder. I also had it before I installed the turbo to begin with, but it was very quite then. It sounds like its coming from under the drivers side valve cover, and it sounds like a ticking noise. Could it be a bad rocker arm or something? I can here it idleing outside the cab, and can here it when I'm accelerating, even if I accelerate slowly. It goes away when I'm driving and I let off the throttle. Its that that is throwing me a curve ball, I dont know why the sound would go away if I get off it. At lower rpms, say 4th gear doing 30mph and I get on it (around 1000rpm's), it almost sounds like a chugging noise mixed with the ticking noise. Do you suppose maybe its because my crossover pipe isnt on right or something?

I'm just waiting to here a boom and so a pushrod come through the hood.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Umm, another problem has unsurfased. I remember having it before my turbo went south, but it is getting louder. I also had it before I installed the turbo to begin with, but it was very quite then. It sounds like its coming from under the drivers side valve cover, and it sounds like a ticking noise. Could it be a bad rocker arm or something? I can here it idleing outside the cab, and can here it when I'm accelerating, even if I accelerate slowly. It goes away when I'm driving and I let off the throttle. Its that that is throwing me a curve ball, I dont know why the sound would go away if I get off it. At lower rpms, say 4th gear doing 30mph and I get on it (around 1000rpm's), it almost sounds like a chugging noise mixed with the ticking noise. Do you suppose maybe its because my crossover pipe isnt on right or something?

I'm just waiting to here a boom and so a pushrod come through the hood.

Try running some cleaner through your fuel system, kind of sound like an injector knock. A dirty injector on a diesel will make it sound about like a gas burner about to throw a rod :eek:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Try running some cleaner through your fuel system, kind of sound like an injector knock. A dirty injector on a diesel will make it sound about like a gas burner about to throw a rod :eek:

Hey, thats a good idea. I havent run cleaner the last two fill-ups cause my stash ran out. I think we still have some in the shop, I'll have to go check that out.

We took off the drivers side valve cover when we installed my turbo, and all the rockers looked good to me. I just quickly checked to make sure the push rods were still sitting in there tight, and they all were, so maybe thats not the cause.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A pushrod will never make it thru the hood ,not enough mass, and it has a round point.:rotflmao sorry wicked mood tonight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online