intake ideas

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
since im n/a and still have the factor air cleaner i am trying to get a few ideas i looked at all the setups in the tech forum but i was thinking of taking a five inch elbow right to the intake manifold then running five inch exhuast tubing down behind the driver side headlight with a big conical filter on the end i was just wondering if it would work and if it would help any info would be great thanks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What your describing is what is known as a Ghost Tube. You need an air intake kit like this one for a 5.9L Dodge. Just drill the bolt hole a little larger and stick a bigger air filter on the end.

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What your describing is what is known as a Ghost Tube. You need an air intake kit like this one for a 5.9L Dodge. Just drill the bolt hole a little larger and stick a bigger air filter on the end.

Would an intake hat like that work for a boosted application, or is it too cheap of metal to hold up to the boost?

Sorry for the thread hijack...

mR

tractorman86

Reaction score
i really dont think you could get a 5" elbow under your hood, even if you could you'd still have to get a bolt to seal down on it running through. i've got an aluminum one, it cost me 50 bucks. but i doubt it would hold any boost, it has kind of a crappy sealing surface. i had to slather a good bit of silicone on there to make it seal.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Why not just throw an air cleaner on that thing from a gasser? I think you woulld be good to go with that....I will check with my spares tommarah to see if it will work.

SWS

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
You going to have to go pretty big with any conical to outflow the stock filter. The stock housing with the right element would be better IMHO.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it does. I've never actually held one in my hands, so I don't want to comment on using it as an intake hat with a turbo.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
You could make a setup like I had. I took a part of a late 99-03 7.3l powerstroke intake & put a PVC pipe on it to draw air & cut slots on the bottom to clear the AC line & help shead water.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Dropped EGTs about 100* so I didn't argue. :D

jpd78

Reaction score
what diameter tube is it on the dodge intake? would a 6637 filter fit on it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online