Centrifuge bowl design ideas?

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's hear some bowl ideas!

So I picked up this chip spinning centrifuge for cheap. It is designed to wring machining chips.

I don't think modify the existing bowl would be as good as build a new oil bowl. Also allow me to resell if not adequate for oil cleaning. It has got a decent diameter and depth, but limited 1200rpm(I think). So not very good g's compared to the others I have. Idea I have is it could be used to do the first pass and maybe get most of the sludge out. Then get rest out with the ultimate force centrifuge.

Would the new bowl be able to have a higher rpm? It has a belt drive on the bottom. Would need to seal the lid. So no mist got out. Also bowl would not be able to self drain cause there is no provision for dirty out drain. Oil vac to suck out the oil and sludge. Thinking two part bowl currently out of steel, that was balanced post manufacturing.
You must be registered for see images attach

WMO4IDI

Reaction score
Personally, I'd modify the existing bowl assuming you can weld at home.

Weld a ring on the bottom to separate the drain areas while also adding a 2nd drain.

Trimp the top & weld it on, for balancing I'm sure a tire shop could figure something out...

RPM wise it's just a matter of pulleys, it's got a decent volume so I think it's worth a shot as is.

If you absolutely want to save the original bowl, a small water heater tank could be a good basis for a new one. Harder to balance though because of the weld & being out of round.

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah another friend suggested a propane tank. Which I like both his and yours. Right now I think I want to keep it intact. Good idea about a tire balancer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online