Injectors and return lines

va350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to replace my injectors and return lines. The IP is fairly new so I'm not going to mess with it more than I already have. The previous owner had it turned up too far, I adjusted it back down and it is running better and not smoking like it was. Where is the best place to purchase new injectors and return lines and what brand should I be looking for? Anything to stay away from? The return line in the back has a crack and leaking. Tried to fix it last night but it didn't work. The other return lines look like they aren't that old but the one in the back looks like the original line.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ (typ4) and I sell that stuff. Once you get it fixed up, you should make a trip up to see me to get that truck timed. Better yet, bring it to the rally.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Your so close to Mel do drop in and have him time your engine. BB code injectors are the best type to use. We have run all the differnt options on the market and these work the best. The turbo G codes are not a very good injector. They were made for lower emmissions needed at the time. They are low hp and poor fuel economy too. I ran several sets of them till I woke up one day and installed a set of Bb codes... What a differance. It felt like I added two more cylinders to my truck... Yes both Mel (agnem) and Russ (Typ4) sell these injectors and return line kits. Mel also sells a high proformance injection pump and injectors. I hve been running his Moose pump for several years and its a great upgrade for these engines. Please read the Hall of Shame for the enternet places that you do not want to buy from. Those business's listed there are surely to cheat you and give you nothing but problems. Members that have personally delt with them have posted their experiances.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
x2 on everything these guys said.....Also, welcome to the site! There's more knowledge here on these trucks than Ford's service manuals could ever give. Soak it up and enjoy yourself.

va350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and I really appreciate the offer to time my truck. It's a long story about the timing on my truck. I've done it by ear and it seems to be close. I took it to someone I knew to have the center drive shaft bearing replaced. I never take my vehicles in, always do the work myself. I started replacing the rear u-joint, I don't have a press and it was a job getting the old one out. Anyhow I ended up taking it to this guy to replace the other two u-joints and the center bearing. I knew he had a timing meter so I asked him to check mine while he had it. When I picked it up he said he put the meter on and it was within 2 degrees and was close enough. Since then I've adjusted a few more times by ear. I'll never take anything back to him; he had the drive shaft messed up.

Mel, do you or Russ have a website or do you sell directly to customers. I'd like to place an order right away.

I've been looking at the rally, looks like fun. I'd love to come but we usually go to the lake during the 4th. We have a boat and the kids like to sky and wake board. I'm still thinking about it though.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Just send them a private message. BTW great to see another guy from VA. I have dealt with both Mel and Russ and both are great to deal with.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I picked it up he said he put the meter on and it was within 2 degrees and was close enough.

WOW!!:eek: 2 degrees can make a big difference. Not close enough! I don't blame you for not going back there.

Heath

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
I started replacing the rear u-joint, I don't have a press and it was a job getting the old one out. Anyhow I ended up taking it to this guy to replace the other two u-joints and the center bearing.

All you need is a socket and a BFH:sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online