Injector or Worse?

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
And I do like seeing those 2 black clouds on acceleration :D

I'll wait to see what Russ has going on before I decide, but if I get R&D's I'll do the stage 1 injectors.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about getting a stupid cheap return kit on ebay for the one return cap and an el cheapo GP sorensen injector to get the truck moving safely again while I'm waiting for Russ to get another set of injectors rebuilt. Is it worth it?

My issue is that I need to get the truck and all the new parts/body panels 20 miles to the garage I'll be doing the body work in. I'm hoping to get to painting the body panels before it snaps freezing during the days. Right now we are fluctuating have a week too cold, half a week that I might get the space warm enough to paint and work. There is also a possibility that I'll get recalled to KW in February and I'd rather not take the chance that I will and won't have the time to do the repair work.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
They probably won't be. The good stuff will come with the injectors. I'm just thinking of getting this stuff and throwing it on just to get the truck moving until the good stuff shows up, or at least to get it to the garage without spring diesel on the hot exhaust manifold (and in the cab again).

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about I send a loaner Injector and return kit to get you going. I am working on a broken crusher and don't want to rush you set of Injectors.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
That would help tremendously! I can send the loaner back with my cores :D

Once the truck is in the garage I can get to work on everything else I need to do and will be able to do all the injector/return line/injection line replacement in a heated building versus my driveway :Thumbs Up

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
It has early straight thru caps on it, but I'd like to do the late style return kit. I'll do the whole return kit when I swap out the bad injector for the loaner. That way it'll already be assembled for the new injectors.

MTKirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put these o-rings http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051Y1734?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00 on two years ago & just looked at them again when I changed my injectors. I run heated vegetable oil (up to 180F) and B100 in the warmer months, the O-rings still looked like new and had not gone soft at all. I like them so much, I popped off the orings that came with my injectors (even though they looked to be viton) & used more of these. I made a installer out of a sharpie marker cap (split it so it will stretch over injector), lubed it up with vaseline and they slide right in place- no leaks first try.

Whatever caps you get make sure they are delphi, I ordered another brand & they looked like sh*t. Sent 'em back, huge waste of time>

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI my vitons are black. I could have got brown but at 6 times the cost when ordering 4000 it adds up.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Just had a thought...should I do another oil change after I install the new injectors?

Just curious how probable it is that I'd have fuel in the oil from the one injector sticking open. I didn't think to pull the dipstick and take a wiff.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a thought...should I do another oil change after I install the new injectors?

Just curious how probable it is that I'd have fuel in the oil from the one injector sticking open. I didn't think to pull the dipstick and take a wiff.

Definitely would not hurt, but not not required IMO.