I'm just a troll now

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
as for the 4x4 is it a full time auto or a true push button, my 99 had the full time auto 4x4, then a 4x4 and a 4 low, in the auto mode it never slipped a wheel, the system worked flawlessly, only time I actually hit the button is when I wanted it to stay ingaged on the rad the the plant.
wnem looking for parts, make shure you get them foa sport, some things like bearings and axles are different from a non sport

This one is part time. 2wd, 4x4 high and 4x4 low.

It all works, and it seems to be coming in and out of 4 wheel drive seamlessly, I just don't trust it.

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one is part time. 2wd, 4x4 high and 4x4 low.

It all works, and it seems to be coming in and out of 4 wheel drive seamlessly, I just don't trust it.

I had two of those, both wife's daily driver plus family trips... 1998 AWD 8 cyl., bought new drove it to 140k had LOTS of repairs but was under extended warranty and it was taken out in a rear end collision with a good insurance settlement, 2002 bought used at 45k, had the push buttons, but never any issues with the 4WD selection, very good in the snow but liked the AWD better, lost the transmission at around 70k, a $3000 repair :mad: but then she went to 170k.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
You read my mind. I plan on adding a cooler because I need to push my snowbear plow with it.

But I also am in the process of draining all fluids and changing all filters. Just a little cheap insurance for the time being.

It needed a rear axle seal. I found water in the rear diff and a plugged vent, so that made my mind up.

I have the know how, the tools and a heated shop....I just don't want to dump a lot of coin into a beater for Plowing.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
You and me both are trolls I guess. Unless you count my nonrunning 6.2 cube van that's been parked for years.

I was actually a troll before I joined this site, having already sold my 86 6.9, but I got feeling nostalgic one day and found OB and they haven't been able to get rid of me yet. :rotflmao

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
if the trans pan is the same on yours as my 99, the Y pipe has to come down, pan wont clear it, found this out after I had fluid all over the place :mad:

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
You and me both are trolls I guess. Unless you count my nonrunning 6.2 cube van that's been parked for years.

I was actually a troll before I joined this site, having already sold my 86 6.9, but I got feeling nostalgic one day and found OB and they haven't been able to get rid of me yet. :rotflmao

In the sport of my choice (swimming) there is no such thing as an ex-Olympian. Once you have reached the top of the heap, you are one forever. Same with IDI pilots. You speak the language, you understand the beast, you are still part of the family, even if you are temporarily between IDI rides.

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You read my mind. I plan on adding a cooler because I need to push my snowbear plow with it.

But I also am in the process of draining all fluids and changing all filters. Just a little cheap insurance for the time being.

It needed a rear axle seal. I found water in the rear diff and a plugged vent, so that made my mind up.

I have the know how, the tools and a heated shop....I just don't want to dump a lot of coin into a beater for Plowing.

The flaw on my 2002 was there was no mechanism to check the fluid-- no dip stick-- so you could not see its color, smell it or know its level-- until-cuss it was too late.:mad:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
In the sport of my choice (swimming) there is no such thing as an ex-Olympian. Once you have reached the top of the heap, you are one forever. Same with IDI pilots. You speak the language, you understand the beast, you are still part of the family, even if you are temporarily between IDI rides.

Well put, I like it.;Sweet

Chris, you have not excuse to abandon us. You are working in the best interest of your family and your future. You are just the person that needs to be around no matter what the ride happens to be.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, despite me still being sick as a dog, I got the Exploder back on all 4's and outside again. I may have delayed myself getting batter by a day, but these are the things we got to do.

I unplugged the rear vent, refilled the rearend with oil...but I didn't have enough left over to do the front housing, so I didn't drain it. I am going to drop teh Y pipe and pull the transmission pan this weekend, it needs a muffler, the one that's on it has a couple of holes strategically placed in such a manner that I can throw a cat through it from 100 yards.

Not a huge deal, just more time I get to spend on my back....knock the *** jokes off right now!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726