I'm just a troll now

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, it pains me to say it. And I am currently angry at the world for doing it, but I had no real option. I simply can not afford to build the truck in my signature (CCLB) and I am running out of time to get a plow vehicle ready for the road for the winter.

Tonight, my 1993 F250 4x4 left my driveway for the last time....but I wasn't behind the wheel.

I traded it for a running, inspected 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4. Loaded with everything but a sunroof and leather. It needs only a few small things, one axle seal and I might do teh back brakes becasue of the little bit of oil on the brake pads on the passenger side.

It has Krawler KM2 BFG's on it now, and came with a set of nearly new winter tires mounted on factory rims.

I know it will not be as heavy duty as my old Ford, but it's going to have to do. The old Ford was getting to the point where it would have needed a cab, radiator support, and box, and I just can't afford to put the time or money into it.

I will return to the 9th generation Ford someday. Wether it be a PSD or IDI, but finances dictate that I can't do it now.

I hope you guys will still keep me around, even though I am a traitor :rotflmao

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you gotta do,what you gotta do brother.these old trucks will nickle and dime ya to death.
no way i would own one if she didn't earn her keep and then some.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn man...that's gotta suck...sorry to hear...Tell ya what, you need to come out here n buy a truck...or prarie rust free damn near...then go back with it when you can!

Still there will be trucks but when you need steady reliable transportation...well do what you must!

Not sure bout keeping ya around though...traitor;Poke LOL

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I thought you guys would like to see some pictures of the old girl.

You must be registered for see images attach

I got to keep my little snowbear plow, which I need to mount to this truck ASAP. I need to get my hands on a front mount 2" reciever, then do a little welding in the shop to my existing plow mount crossmember. I simply need to box it in, add on a 2" tube to go into my reciever and gusset it from the top. I don't think it will cost me a pile of money, just a little time and arm hair.

On the plus side, I think this thing will get around in the tighter driveways with ease!!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only say that a Bronco has an incredible turning radius and would be a fabulous plow rig!

Just saying!

BTW...I like that lil rig you got...perfect for wifey!

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, you're doing fine. i am still looking for my cclb 4x4 idi as my last truck. i might end up selling mine at some point and waiting for a calif or texas truck to show up somewhere

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sadly we do things that leaves a foul taste in your mouths but it will pass. There is another great truck waiting out there for you someday. Enjoy the new ride and watch the trucks when your ready for another one...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that you had to let her go...OTOH sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I hope that everything works out in the long run, and as far as I'm concerned you're more than welcome ;Sweet

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I found myself sleepless last night, just thinking about all the "adventures" my truck put me through. I mean it had it quirks, but that was one tough mother of a truck.

I woke up this morning and jumped right on Kijiji, could help but start looking for Ford trucks. There is a 1993 2wd F150 that is rust free (apparently, and it looks GOOD in the pics) that a guy wants $1200 for. Lower mileage, 5.0 auto...but it sounds too good to be true. I might have a look today while I am out getting parts for the explorer's rear wheel seal.

I did some research on the old exploder today.

3.73 open carrier 8.8 with rear discs. Dana 35 independant front suspension. It's got the 5R55E 5 speed automatic transmission which seems just fine at WOT and cruising, but it has electric shift on the fly 4x4 :puke:. If there is ANY way to cnvert to manual, I'll be looking for it!!!!! I HATE push button 4x4, I had it in my Chevy Silverado and it was nothing but a PITA. I am not even going to chance it on the Ford.

But today I will be putting spark plugs in it, air filter, oil and filter and checking out all the fluid levels, front end for tightness (I did a quick once over last night and it didn't look bad) and doing both rear outer seals and bearings. I might spend a total of $100 doing that.

The wifey likes it, but she's not crazy on the big BFG KM2's on it. They are NOISY as all you know what. I got a set of winter tires with it, but one of them looks like it was smashed pretty hard. I'm not mad over it as the winters were a throw in by him at the last second (most likely wanted to get rid of the tires, but they came on ford factory wheels, so I won't complain)

Once I clean it out and vaccuum it, armourall it and stuff, I will post more pictures.

And hey, whatever knowledge I gained over the years from teh sienor members, I will continue to share with the newbies...I just hope it isn[t too long before I get another IDI!!

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
FWIW, I looked for almost 2 years to find my 93 IDI. I KNEW what I wanted, and held out till I found a rust free truck equipped with everything on my list. I had to travel to Oregon to get it, but it was well worth the effort.

Good luck in your search!

I know most peeps are against push button 4X4, but I love it! 265K miles on my f150, and I finally had to replace one autolocker. More my fault than anything. I neglected the maintenance and it burned up. As long as the auto hubs are maintained, they are fine for most uses. I'll admit that that they are not the best for hard core 4X4'n. But for Me, I love the fact that when the snow fly's, and I need 4X4, a push of a button and I'm set. No stopping, no getting out of the truck, ect.

Last edited:

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I looked for almost 2 years to find my 93 IDI. I KNEW what I wanted, and held out till I found a rust free truck equipped with everything on my list. I had to travel to Oregon to get it, but it was well worth the effort.

Good luck in your search!
Same here. Found mine at a Ford Dealer in Tenn..

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.....But today I will be putting spark plugs in it, air filter, oil and filter and checking out all the fluid levels

The wifey likes it, but she's not crazy on the big BFG KM2's on it.

And hey, whatever knowledge I gained over the years from teh sienor members, I will continue to share with the newbies...I just hope it isn[t too long before I get another IDI!!

What are spark plugs? ;Poke

Glad the wifey likes it...tell her to put up n shut up:eek: bout tyres....

Are you calling us OLD?:backoff

LOL

Al

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
as for the 4x4 is it a full time auto or a true push button, my 99 had the full time auto 4x4, then a 4x4 and a 4 low, in the auto mode it never slipped a wheel, the system worked flawlessly, only time I actually hit the button is when I wanted it to stay ingaged on the rad the the plant.
wnem looking for parts, make shure you get them foa sport, some things like bearings and axles are different from a non sport

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online