rear brakes working a little TOO well now

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This truck has the capability for codes?? hahaha
Somehow, I'm not sure exactly how to get the abs codes though. I am fairly sure that the abs light should flash the code though.
I did not. that may have something to do with it. when you say glaze break are we just talking a braided wire wheel?
I usually go after it with some 80 grit Emory cloth.

James

Black dawg

Reaction score
Are you positive you put the same size wheel cylinders back in it? I recently did the same job on my truck, was in a hurry and did not compare wheel cyinders. Pedal is very slightly different now, and rear brakes are very aggressive. I sm betting that this is what changed with mine

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll just throw this in the pot... I had a similar problem a few years ago after a leaking cylinder and getting all new hardware on both sides of the rear axle. My issue was worse than yours, as I would start dragging a tire(or two) under any rainy conditions, and even a few cold mornings on dry pavement! Not cool at all.
It was quite the saga but ended up being the NAPA shoes that I bought. Went to O'reilly's to try soemthing else after exhausting all options, and that was it. Everything hinged on a bad set of shoes. I have nothing against NAPA, that's just the way it went for me, so it's a possibility!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online