IM FED UP WITH THIS PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
So this evening i thought i would change the injectors, well i changed them, and the ones i changed them with wouldnt let fuel threw the injectors??? ***??!!??
Ok so i put the same injectors that i been running back in, well it runs now kinda not really cause now when you rev it its like it kinda trys to run away it revs really fast then falls down and dies and takes FOREVER to fire back up! then if i try going down the road i have to pretty much hold it to the floor and it wont ever get over 45 mph and the power comes and goes sometimes its like the engine isnt running and other times its like it is running again, *** did i do to my truck??? i needed tomarrow and i dont know what im gonna do!!!

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this evening i thought i would change the injectors, well i changed them, and the ones i changed them with wouldnt let fuel threw the injectors??? ***??!!??
Ok so i put the same injectors that i been running back in, well it runs now kinda not really cause now when you rev it its like it kinda trys to run away it revs really fast then falls down and dies and takes FOREVER to fire back up! then if i try going down the road i have to pretty much hold it to the floor and it wont ever get over 45 mph and the power comes and goes sometimes its like the engine isnt running and other times its like it is running again, *** did i do to my truck??? i needed tomarrow and i dont know what im gonna do!!!

sounds like u need an injection pump along with new injectors.

Javier

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Crack one injector line at a time to narrow it down to what injector is causing the problems. Maybe you may of got something foreign in the injector when swapping them out. Did you make sure you got the crush washer out?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Have you tried clear return lines to check for air?...., My 6.9 had similar symptoms until I fixed a couple of old hoses that were letting air in the system. I left the clear lines on for good - one at the filter head and one at the back where the line to the tank hooks up....Easy to see an air intrusion issue.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
The idi gods are pissed at you for making that retired old man of an engine to run the tour de France

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I called a buddy of mine who works at the bus garage as a diesel mechanic and he said it has to be an air leak in some of my fuel lines around the electric pump he said it happens in his buses all the time, sure enough i can see wet spots on the hoses, so tomarrow i will get a ride to the store buy some hose and plenty of clamp and im going to double clamp the cow

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Crack one injector line at a time to narrow it down to what injector is causing the problems. Maybe you may of got something foreign in the injector when swapping them out. Did you make sure you got the crush washer out?

injetors are all new and matched

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
do yourself a favor.
buy some test instruments...

nothing fancy, a pressure/vacuum gauge. 30in to 15psi should do nicely. cost maybe $10 at autozone. get some fittings and hose. Test your feed pressure. Also pop the line loose and see what kinda flow you got.
Until you *know* you have good fuel flow to the IP you don't know jack sh*t.

After that, crack the injectors, check flow there, etc etc.

Swapping injectors was a shot in the dark.
If you want to work on machines, you need logical troubleshooting skills......
and seeing how your so quick to beat an engine to death, you might as well get to be a good mechanic.

rckslash2010

Reaction score
If you want to work on machines, you need logical troubleshooting skills......
and seeing how your so quick to beat an engine to death, you might as well get to be a good mechanic.[/QUOTE]

You'll learn something new everyday....

RedTruck

Reaction score
I ran new fuel lines throughout my rig a while ago. I used 3/8 and 5/16 high pressure fuel injector line hose clamps from the local jobber. Fastenal couldn't get me the Otiker clamps I wanted. I needed to get it on the road so I went this route. They are nice because you can get them very tight, and they are designed so they don't chew up your hose.

Also the hose you get from a good diesel shop is much better than the crap you get from a jobber.

Good luck.

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726