IM FED UP WITH THIS PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Death85e

Death85e
Reaction score
You know what dyoung you come in here constantly ******** that your truck is a piece of crap but you are also the one that has it posted that you like to see the tach go past 4 grand +....I have been driving the truck in my sig for 9 years i have changed the oil every 5000 miles, replace the fuel filter every 25000 miles, clean and flushed the radiator twice since owned and just now replaced the seals in the oil cooler and replaced the factory brake master cylinder and tires as needed.

My truck sees alot of severe offroad use in temps ranging from -10 to +110 It also sees alot of towing of a 1986 36 foot 5th wheel camper trailer in the same temps in the Utah desert and the Colorado rockies. I have had the tranny ( E4OD ) rebuilt once replacing all of the clutches and bands with redline kevlar units and beyond that replaced the idler pulley once. I am not at all nice to my truck believe me i flog the hell out of her. But in the end my truck has never left me set even when she dropped the tranny...had to drive 50 miles in reverse from the back side of Arches national park in 110 degree weather because that all the gearing i had...point is she still brought me home.

Now either i am extremely lucky and i got one of the very best built ford idis ever or maybe its just because i keep the standard regular maintainence up...i dont know but it sure seems you have an awful lot of problems from your truck. You ever stop to think maybe just once its not the trucks fault but maybe the driver?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand that dyoung has been on here, and venting because he is frustrated with his truck performing properly with the current round of work he has done on his truck. I am sure part of what he is saying and the feelings are becuse of frustration, and we have all been there. I have several different pieces of equipment (trucks and not) that I "love" and want them to work correctly. I had a non-truck piece of equiptment that my Dad and I had done a rebuild, upgrade on, and when I put it back in service I would not stay running for more than 5 minutes. I had several conversations on the phone with my dad, very similar to what David has posted here. The only difference was it was on the phone instead of the forum.

Also, this engine that he is working on, is not the engine that had the modified pump on it that allowed the 4000+ rpm runs. Theis is a presumed good "replacement engine, that had a newly rebuilt, unmodified IP and a new set of injectors from Russ installed. After this install, he was pleased with the way it was running until he had an algae problem in a tank, that clogged the fuel filter, starved the IP of fuel, which caused the new IP to overheat and fail. He is now trying to get it to run with a different IP, that I believe is not the modified one he was using before. He has had nnot had any luck with trying to get the truck running after the IP meltdown and is EXTREMELY Frustrated as I can understand, especially since this truck is his sole transportation.

So PLEASE see his frustration for what it is and cut him a bit of slack, I know that if I had been having the luck he has had, I would be ready to push it off a tall cliff....... I just don't want to see his furstration with his truck, and I am sure himself turn into an ugly situation. I know the moderators keep a good eye on the forums, and if things get out of line, it will be addressed.

David, keep plugging away and you will get the problem solved. In doing so, you will have learned alot about how these things work. I know I have learned more by troubleshoting a problem, much more that taking something apart and putting it back together and it just working......

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A piece of advice my father gave me a long time ago.
"Sometimes you just have to walk away"​
There are times were you just need to go do something else for awhile, quit thinking about it, and come back in a better frame of mind. You'd be surprised at how easy the solution just seems to appear. By far, some of the best advice I've ever gotten from anyone.

Death85e

Death85e
Reaction score
I fully understand the frustration level Scott...believe me i have been there done that myself on more than one occasion....I guess my frustration level is just at this point also frustrated....my point was and after re reading my post completely missed....It just seems that whenever something goes wrong with the truck its a piece of crap but when its running like a ***** ape its absolutely great....i never meant to offend anyone just stating things as i see them and only producing an oppinion and only my oppinion.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ohhh, I so can feel the frustrations. Burned up 3 starters fighting a fuel system reprime after draining and cleaning the famous water/fuel separator on an 86.

Sometimes the simple things get the better of us. Walked away and had a few of the starters rebuilt and tada, whattya know, it worked.cookoo

David, does the truck have dual tanks?
If so, try bypassing the FSV and see if that solves the fuel starvation issue. Fought Mater with that problem for 2 winters blaming it on gelled fuel. Crud clogged it up just enough to restrict sufficient fuel flow.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
A piece of advice my father gave me a long time ago.
"Sometimes you just have to walk away"​
There are times were you just need to go do something else for awhile, quit thinking about it, and come back in a better frame of mind. You'd be surprised at how easy the solution just seems to appear. By far, some of the best advice I've ever gotten from anyone.

My dad gave me the same advice.;Sweet This is why I keep my BFH on the opposite side of the garage:eek: I walk over to get it. When I come back, the problem can be solved easily.:rotflmao

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread, but what jumps to mind is, "Beat on the Brat" and then wonder why they don't love ya'...
Dude, there is an old belief called Karma. I don't know if it's anything in and of itself, but I do know What goes Around, Comes Around, and I might add, when it will do the most good.
In School, there is the Lesson then the Test. In life, there is the Test, then the Lesson.
RESPECT RULES.
How's your love life?

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to be a ****, or be funny with my comment.

fixing machines is an act of logical order. You start at one end and constantly disprove possibilities. Obviously you start with the easiest to check and work your way forward.... after a little while you've disproved some many problems the actual problem becomes obvious.

best of luck Mr Young, and let us know what you find out on the fuel pressure.
Drew

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Yep,You test one thing at a time.Put energy into fixing one thing at a time.Don't look at the big picture with all the problems or it will overwelm you.Just eye each individual issue.That is how I am doing my GMC General.Went I got it it had SOOO many problems.It still does.I went at getting it running correctly first.Then went about figuring out why the transmission was *****.Fixed it.Now trying to figure out and fix the brakes.THen I gotta dive into the electrical system and figure out why nothing works right(tail light stays on and one marker light on fender stays on even with switch turned off).Then I can go about putting the interior back in it,Lights,mirrors,paint,body work,tires,etc etc etc.One issue at a time.What I should have done with the E instead of trying to dive in and fix everything at once and get totally burned out and give up.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
You need to be methodical as a diesel troubleshooter....Start with the basics and work towards the more complicated potential issues....Here is my usual basic's list..Is there fuel in the tank? how is the fuel pressure to the IP? is there air in the fuel? is the vent on the tank working? How old is the fuel filter and is it the correct one for the application? Are my injector lines tight?....and so on....Start with the cheap stuff and work to the expensive ****.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I can understand everybodys point on here. One hand you beat the he'll outta trucks and expect a lot out of them. But I know and I'm sure a Loy of us get to the point were we are tired of our trucks and all of there problems. If I am working on my truck and get stuck and frustrated the best thing for me is to just walk away for a couple hours to clear my mind and figure out another plan of attack.

That's all I gotta say about that

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this evening i thought i would change the injectors, well i changed them, and the ones i changed them with wouldnt let fuel threw the injectors??? ***??!!??

Injector changing. Assuming old injector has been removed.

1. Make sure the old copper washer is removed from the injector bore. Clean any carbon in the bottom of the bore. Carb cleaner will help loosen it. Don't scratch the surface.
2. Install new copper washer on new injector. Light grease will hold it in place A light coat of anti-sieze on the threads.Then tighten to 70 ft.lbs.
3. Install new O'rings on injector. Light grease on them will help.1st O'ring in 1st groove, then roll the 2nd one over the 1st.
4. Apply grease or vasoline to the O'rings before installing the cap.
5. Install new or good hose, the proper size spring clamps are sufficient, or gear clamps, tighten them until rubber starts to come up thru the groove's.
6. Install steel lines, tighten nuts to 45-50 ft.lbs. A clear line from #1 injector back to the filter will help to see if air is in the system.
7. Crack one injector nut at a time, roll engine over until clear fluid leaks out, tighten nut, repeat at each injector. Then bleed air from the filter schrader valve.
8. Start engine, watch clear line for any air bubbles. Shouldn't be any. If bubbles appear, try tightening all the nuts again.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep trying and let us know replace those lines it may not change but needs done anyway
i cleaned a whole wiring harness from engine to ecu that was covered in ps fluid only to find the dizzy plug was messed up
and guys give him a break he has done a lot in seeing the higher end of these trucks and hell admit his wrongs when he is and we all seen that i got a lot of respect for the guy and you all should too
if the fuel line dont fix it start normal trouble shooting id help but youre a few states away