I'm a Duramax Owner......

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Scott it looks awesome! Nothing beats black and chrome. Looks like you got it leveled out nice. How many turns on the key bolts did it take and how much did it raise it? I need to do that to mine. Hate the rake. Did you get a 4 or 5" exhaust? Mine's 4" with a 5" black tip...still waiting to be installed.

Did you ever hang that picture up in your office? Seems like old news and a long time ago now.HaHa.

Tom
This truck already has the leveling keys in it from what I can tell. I had about an inch and a half of bolt showing so I ran it in to about a half inch showing. Lifted it about 1 3/4 inches but I may bring it down a hair to account for the squat when the 5er is hooked. I got aluminized 4" with a polished 5" tip. Should be here by Tues. Couldn't see spending the extracoin on a shiny exhaust pipe.

Just remember to keep the dually fenders clear when cornering. GM's main flaw is their brittle dually fenders. I've seen countless GM duallies with busted up fenders. Sad to see that on such an otherwise flawless vehicle.
I'm used to swinging wide anyway so that should keep in clear. There's 2 in town that are destroyed though. $1500.00 per side to fix, is what I was told:eek:.

Or, break them off as an excuse to get a custom flatbed ;Sweet
Need the bed for chores.

Yeah, you should get a hauler bed for it, since you're going to be pulling a wedge trailer OTR, it would look sweet. :thumbsup:
The wedge is a possibility but not definite. I like having the bed for normal pick-up truck stuff.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Did you ever hang that picture up in your office? Seems like old news and a long time ago now.HaHa.

Tom
I don't really have an "office" yet. It's coming along though. I'm stuffed in the corner of the basement. The picture is however proudly displayed above my desk & will be the first one hung in the new office upstairs. Thanks again for sending it too me. Now you can do a Chebby calender....;Sweet

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Now you can do a Chebby calender....;Sweet

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Never got enough interest or time in the IDI calendar.LOL If you go over to dieselplace.com, I think you can get one there...Last time I checked, and the women only had to have some type of clothing...:eek: Never looked into it.

Tom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my! Why did this come about? I guess I didn't follow the rest of the story after I helped you with your PSD heads. :dunno

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Oh my! Why did this come about? I guess I didn't follow the rest of the story after I helped you with your PSD heads. :dunno

It was pretty out of the blue. I had a guy offer me a more than fair price for the PSD & I had been talking about a dually from the time I bought the PSD. It was running great (finally) but I couldn't turn down the money. The Dually was also bought @ a steal. I got it for auction price from one of my dealers, no mark up. 2007 3500 w/32,000 on the clock , under warranty for just over 25,000.00. That was 3 weeks ago & he tried to buy the identical truck last week & it did over 31,000 at auction. Needless to say, I'm in a positive equity situation.

I looked at the Ford duallies hard before deciding but the 6.0 scares the hell out of me & I didn't want anymore problems. Not to say the 6.0 would definitely give me trouble but their track record isn't the greatest even unmolested. I had a Chevy 2500HD gasser that I loved before I got the IDI so I figured this truck had everything going for it, so I went with it. Simple as that.

My dad always told me, sell your truck when it's running good , so I did!!

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 'exhaust' ends right under the cab and has no muffler, its not to loud, but i have a freakish tolerance for extremely noisy over the top exhausts

and nice looking truck, i like the new body style ones, they have grown on me, but i also like these to

you need 19.5s they look sick on the dualies, that guy who had the blue duallie the works off route one by that auto body place has them and i absolutely love his truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online