I'm a Duramax Owner......

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Well, I made the decision to go with the Chevy. Still have to do the paperwork with the bank but everything is approved. It's a 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 Classic Dually. 32,000 miles, LT3 trim, black in color with dark grey leather, factory DVD system. I think the only thing it doesn't have is a sunroof but I'm not sure chevy offered that like ford does.

The PSD is sold & the buyer & I went to the bank friday & paid it off. I still have it here to clean out my stuff & swap out my brake controller. Sorry to see it go but I got good money for it so now was the right time to do it. Plus I got the dually at wholesale (auction) price so I'm happy.

With the extra money from the ford, I have to re-do the exhaust, put tires on it & get some leveling keys for the front end. I'd like to do 19.5 wheels & tires since it needs rubber but funds may not be available for that. I'm putting an OEM converter back on to hopefully re-instate the exhaust warrenty since it hasn't been documented anywhere I can find that it's missing right now, then add a cat back system for a nice sound. The leveling keys are purely personal preference as I hate the nose down look.

Anybody know how hard it is to install those or if special tools are needed? Once spring gets a little closer, I'll get the rails back in it for camping season. Any opinions on what sounds good as far as cat back systems go? I want it to be quiet when need be & some whistle & rumble when I step into it. Any help? I'll post some pictures when I get some.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures. These are how it came from the auction. I've got simulators on the way. Needs a good cleaning. The last picture is of what's left of the stacks. Talk about loud....cookoo This is for sale once I get it out if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    661 KB · Views: 31
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    647.9 KB · Views: 29
  • P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    707.7 KB · Views: 17
  • P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    543.9 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    656.1 KB · Views: 37

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. Cool that you got the classic. The new design is utterly disgusting. Hope you have good luck with it.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Sweet. I agree on the body, probably the best looking of the current and past 8 years. Sims were the first thing I did to mine after I got it!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I'd really like alum 19.5's but...... Who's the guy you're talking about in Hunt valley?

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Holy crap Scott! Haven't poked into the PS forums lately, but I log in today and now you've got a Duramax. You won't be dissappointed. Love mine.

I have an MBRP cat back exhaust that I'm still trying to find time to install. Heard 'em before and they sound good. I've also heard that if you leave the cat out, it can get to you on the highway. Can't support or deny that. I like loudish exhaust though.

I had a minor altercation (less than 2 mph) with a steel pipe sign post backing up in a parking lot just before Christmas. It goes in Monday to repair $3000 worth of damage to the right front fender/bumper/hood.:eek: That part about the new trucks I don't like.

Check your tranny cooler lines. Mine has 51K and needs one replaced. I know someone with an '08 that has already had them both replaced. It's a known problem so GM won't fix it. They are replacement only, can' be tightened or resealed.

Tom

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Oh yea. Nice looking truck! Love black. Mine is Granite Blue. I have one of the few '06's in town of that color (I believe the only 3500 crewcab SRW). It got very popular with the '07 and '08's.

One of the things on my wish list also is a set of black steel Rickson's with stainless trim rings. Goodyear G124 tires.:love: That'll set you back a little over $3K.cookoo Also, adjusting the keys may not be the right way to go in front. If you're only looking to raise an inch, probably OK and you shouldn't need new keys for that. If you want to do it right, check these guys out...also on my wish list.

http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/

Tom

Last edited:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I've since put tires on, scored a cheap set of simulators off ebay, ordered the factory cat pipe, & am trying to decide between the MBRP or Silverline cat back systems.

I was looking under the truck in the front end & to my surprise, I found that this truck already has the leveling keys installed. Guess the PO did it. I had thought it sat a bit higher than any other GM I've seen in stock form. Lucky me!! so far so good.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Thanks Joe. I found it thru google too. Nice but not in the budget. Hell the whole damn truck wasn't in the budget but some deals you just don't get a second shot at.

Here's a few pics of it all cleaned up, leveled out, & with it's new shoes & socks.

Attachments

• P1010014.JPG
    P1010014.JPG
    679.2 KB · Views: 29
  • P1010016.jpg
    P1010016.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 17
  • P1010019.JPG
    P1010019.JPG
    705 KB · Views: 21

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Holy crap Scott! Haven't poked into the PS forums lately, but I log in today and now you've got a Duramax. You won't be dissappointed. Love mine.

I have an MBRP cat back exhaust that I'm still trying to find time to install. Heard 'em before and they sound good. I've also heard that if you leave the cat out, it can get to you on the highway. Can't support or deny that. I like loudish exhaust though.

I had a minor altercation (less than 2 mph) with a steel pipe sign post backing up in a parking lot just before Christmas. It goes in Monday to repair $3000 worth of damage to the right front fender/bumper/hood.:eek: That part about the new trucks I don't like.

Check your tranny cooler lines. Mine has 51K and needs one replaced. I know someone with an '08 that has already had them both replaced. It's a known problem so GM won't fix it. They are replacement only, can' be tightened or resealed.

Tom

This thing is wide open exhaust right now. Muffler & cat gone running into a y pipe with no stacks. Un-godly loud. I like load exhaust too but I can't have it out of control as the kids sleep alot while pulling the 5'er. Ordered the factory cat & a cat back MBRP system from Bean's today. Just needs an alignment, tool box, floor mats & some remotes for the doors.!!

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Thanks Joe. I found it thru google too. Nice but not in the budget. Hell the whole damn truck wasn't in the budget but some deals you just don't get a second shot at.

Here's a few pics of it all cleaned up, leveled out, & with it's new shoes & socks.

Scott it looks awesome! Nothing beats black and chrome. Looks like you got it leveled out nice. How many turns on the key bolts did it take and how much did it raise it? I need to do that to mine. Hate the rake. Did you get a 4 or 5" exhaust? Mine's 4" with a 5" black tip...still waiting to be installed.

Did you ever hang that picture up in your office? Seems like old news and a long time ago now.HaHa.

Tom

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Just remember to keep the dually fenders clear when cornering. GM's main flaw is their brittle dually fenders. I've seen countless GM duallies with busted up fenders. Sad to see that on such an otherwise flawless vehicle.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Just remember to keep the dually fenders clear when cornering. GM's main flaw is their brittle dually fenders. I've seen countless GM duallies with busted up fenders. Sad to see that on such an otherwise flawless vehicle.
Or, break them off as an excuse to get a custom flatbed ;Sweet

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Yeah, you should get a hauler bed for it, since you're going to be pulling a wedge trailer OTR, it would look sweet. :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online