idi engines everywere

nsjames

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, it dont matter if it was cheap as long as your out wheeling having fun, i used to have a dakota, put a 3 inch lift on it some nice new 33 inch tires and a v8 swap, was great off road but had horrible fuel mileage, air cleaner came off one day out in the mud and that was the end of it,
]

didn't start out cheap.

It was bought to be DD, and we had just bought a house so we needed a pickup.

You must be registered for see images attach

then I found out that I liked wheeling.

Then tellico and a longbed box happened.

then I just started cutting bits off that got in the way.:sly

and it ended up like this:

which is why I ended up with an IDI powered Uhaul.
Got tired of borrowing a truck and trailer and it was dirt cheap.
did the conversion and off we went.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, and it worked out because you got that idi, kinda what im looking to do also, i want to get my truck looking and running good, and then get a another truck or jeep to go wheeling, used my truck to tow it so i dont have to worry about breaking my truck

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
the next time you are out at the pnp see if they have a 6.9/7.3 idi to a t18/19 bellhousing and all the internals for me please?
If they do I will make the drive to get it.

Last edited:

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was one t 19 out there but it didnt have anything for the clutch, all it had with it was the shifter

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Thats a sweet find to see that many IDI's! I went to the junkyard today and there was about 3 of them. Sadly no turbo ones, but it was nice to get a good look at striped down NA's, since im new to the IDI world it was fun to look them over. I went with a buddy for his truck, I was hoping to find a factory turbo exhaust housing, but it was a no go :(

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i was looking for to, out of all those idi engines out there none were turbo, lots of c6 transmission in them and lots of spicer transmissions, im going to grab me a spicer here soon, all the u haul trucks had hydroboost and some other pick-ups had hydroboost, when i first went out there i didnt really pay attention and thought they didnt have any hydroboost, felt like an idiot when i realized how many are out there, might go pick up that as well