idi engines everywere

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP thansk for the info! my gf lives in windsor area, this place seems close enough (about an hour or so?) good to have a yard with plenty of spare parts! Oil coolers come to mind, GP controllers, INJECTION PUMPS! not to mention whole engines.
Do you know if they have any divorced NP205s there?

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking this weekend for one, i think i am going to get one of those transmissions out of the s1600 and put it in mine and ill need a divorced np205 as well, ill post on here if there is any, remember though the heavy truck prices are different than the normal yard, but still good prices, i talked them down on the idi engine, they wanted 1000 but i told them there in pick-up trucks so they told me they would not the pick-up diesel engine down to 500 witch isnt to bad

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be sure and get the trans adaptor plate, flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate with the transmission. Might want to snag the clutch hydraulics while you are at it. I'd really like to have a Eaton Fuller FSO-8604 behind my IDI. Sure would be overkill, but wouldn't have to worry about overloading that transmission.

Heath

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i was planning on getting the hole setup off of them, even the mounts, might be able to modify them to work on my truck, i know i dont need it either in my truck i just think it would be cool to have, and when i do need to tow or haul a heavy load ill have no problem, just curious is there a thread on here by chance with something similar done to one of our trucks?

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thought i would post a pic of the u haul trucks just to show everyone

Last edited:

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do i get the pics off of photobucket on here, some one told me to copy the img code, what is that please leave me an example

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
in your photo bucket, on each pic there should be a drop down menu when you hover your mouse over the picture you want. in that menu you will get "img code" just left click that code, it will then say copied(i think, been a while since i used PB), then just come over here and then right click in your reply and click past and your pic should show up.

idk if you have a facebook, but that is easy to put pics from there to here. just right click the pic in your FB and hit copy image or something like that(i use google chrome so that is the option i have) then come over here and click past right int he reply. it is easier than PB for me.

expensivehobby

Reaction score
There are a few of us on pirate4x4 that have those International U-Haul trucks. Any interest in pulling parts and then shipping? I know I could probably use a few things. Shoot me a pm if you are interested. How far is this junkyard from Royal Oak? I still have a bunch of friends out that way.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from royal oak its only about 45 minutes, isnt to bad, those trucks dont have any rear ends, they cut the frames right at the back of the cab, im hoping soon i can go get the transmission out of one so i can get that and have it,

expensivehobby

Reaction score
I'm actually more interested in cab and underhood parts. Would definitely want the best set of door, window, and vent window seals. Plus a gauge cluster. Bench seat cover if there was a good one. Stuff like that.

I miss MI's yards. Used to spend lots of time grabbing parts from Neons for my race car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes