I feel like I'm cheating

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Eric,

Yep this my home. The Enterprise is here and this place supports farm animals as well so it's a one stop shopping for me. No need to go back over there as far as I'm concerned.

Joe,

Canooks :eek:
I think you mean Canuks or "people from the land of no summer" ;p LOL honest last Canadian I asked what they do during summer up there his response was "we go out that day and play basketball" - I about fell over laughing. We were both taking a technical training course on Siemens equipement up in Chicago, Ill.

But why yes I did, I PM'ed folks and paid no attention to nationality. Some turned me down - others did not.

Fred

Easy there big boy... Just raise your rates on his next purchase of FHT. LOL

Fred Hemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by argve
Eric,

Yep this my home. The Enterprise is here and this place supports farm animals as well so it's a one stop shopping for me. No need to go back over there as far as I'm concerned.

Joe,

Canooks :eek:
I think you mean Canuks or "people from the land of no summer" ;p LOL honest last Canadian I asked what they do during summer up there his response was "we go out that day and play basketball" - I about fell over laughing. We were both taking a technical training course on Siemens equipement up in Chicago, Ill.

But why yes I did, I PM'ed folks and paid no attention to nationality. Some turned me down - others did not.

Fred

Easy there big boy... Just raise your rates on his next purchase of FHT. LOL

The Hair tonic market is Tight right now got the keep the prices inline!
Nice to see some people think out side there own country Trav.
An equal opertune- aty INVITUR oui oui!

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Man Oh Man! I wasn't special! I didn't get an invite from Travis!
Guess I wasn't one of the chosen ones! Hah! Hah! No BIG deal! Guess I'll stick around anyway. No need to feel special - just because your special ed.!!!! Hah! Hah! I'll kick back - have a cold one and enjoy the scenery! Thought everyone else was poking it to Travis - So's I had to follow the crowd! Hoss....:D

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Boy does this place look familiar! I looked at the usernames in the IDI forum and I think I know all of them. This is like going home after school and ALL of your friends come home with you! Like Fred said just another place to hang out! Glad I found another place where I can trust the posters. Dunno, do you think This could replace TDS? I've come to really enjoy the format there and some of this is hard to read on my old monitor. Oh well, I can see the important stuff.

Yeah, Travis! Where was my PM? Just kidding. I saw the link in NJKen's sig and took a quick peek.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well Hoss you joined before I got a chance to PM ya, and Mel well what can I say other than I had forgotten about ya. I thought I had already seen your name on the list here... my bad :sorry:

Hold on I'll send ya one ;p

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by troutwest66
Dunno, do you think This could replace TDS? I've come to really enjoy the format there and some of this is hard to read on my old monitor.
As to whether this can replace TDS or not, I think that depends on us and on the people running this site. If the people who run the site get the site more prominent on search engines, more people will visit the site to begin with. If we can offer the same level of assistance as on TDS, the people who visit are more likely to stay. This won't become the resource that TDS has been overnight, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

As to the second part, I actually don't think it would be a big problem...it looks like the majority of the "main" contributors in the Basement have registered on this site, so assuming they post regularly here as they have on TDS, this site should become an excellent resource. Personally, I see no reason not to stay...it feels as though we have been welcomed with open arms to this site, whereas I've gotten the impression that most of the TDS administration has merely tolerated our presence.

Lastly, I must apologize for the dumb question...what issue are you having with readability on this site? Due to vision issues, I have my browser set to always show black text on a light gray background (so, this site looks very similar to TDS to my eyes), so I'm guessing the general issue is color-related.

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
I think this site could replace TDS as far as the IDI's go, and can definately do it attitude wise for all. Unfortuneatly, though I have some reservaations as the site grows larger and larger, and the hard core chevy boys, hard core dodge boys, and hard core ford boys start to go at in the regular forums, not just in the battlegrounds. I have noticed, that with the exception of Travis, that the goats and chebbys tend to stay out of here. So far, though, I think that the mods here are doing a good job keeping that at bay, but with the possibility of this site growing 10 fold in the next year or so, they will need help, and I'm afraid it will become a bit over bearing. Only time will tell.

Jon and Scott-

Thanks for coming over guys. Good to see ya'll here.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You are correct in that only time will tell. But if something does get said in the tech forums (any one of them) about this is better than that in all respects then take it to the BG's and duke it out. It's only fair to all parties concerned - at least that's my 2 cents.

But if someone wants/asks about insane power out of engine that will not hold up (long term) to what they are wanting then I think that if someone mentions something different then that's a different story as long as they do it with respect. Not like B1 did in the 7.3 forum on TDS a few months back. I mean yes he may have had a point but there is a way to express your thoughts with out coaxing a fight... I think we can all agree to that...

My thoughts are there is no one perfect engine or truck out there. Having owned from all three I can say I have had likes and dislikes out of all of them - even my current one.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
|stupid LOL Yea right! I bet you were hoping I wouldn't come over here. You only left TDS because you knew it was HOPELESS that you would ever catch up to my post count! :eek: ;p

You've become quite the outlaw since loosing your mind, haven't you? :shake:

Signed, your nemisis. :D

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
You're Forgiven

Originally posted by argve
Well Hoss you joined before I got a chance to PM ya, and Mel well what can I say other than I had forgotten about ya. I thought I had already seen your name on the list here... my bad :sorry:

Hold on I'll send ya one ;p

Okay, I'll forgive you, Travis.:D So when did everyone start checking out OB.net? Seems like in the last few days there's been an influx of us TDS guys. I know I only found this in the last couple of days but I guess good news spreads like wildfire.

The part that's hard to see for me is the smaller type around our avatars and such. I have an older Gateway right now with a smaller monitor and I'm sure that's the problem. I can see everything but the smaller stuff is more difficult. I think it has to do with the resolution.

As long as the same caliber of guys post here that made the TDS basement a great place then this will take off and be successful. The same input will be available here so I don't see why this can't be just as valuable.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to thank Darrin for the PM to this place, I was getting really tired of the same questions asked all the time "Can my IDI beat a PSD" holy crap. As for me as time goes I think this will be my 1st choice as I am starting to spend more time here already..................... Jim

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Yep. me too Jim. I'm sold. It took a little while to get used to the new format. But now I really like it.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome all of you guys from the OTHER site. It will soon be taking a back seat to us. Also thanks for making the load lighter for us moderators by using your common sense:) Some sites are a dictatorship this one is not. Just remember to keep all swearing in the battelgrounds only and try to stay on topic. Thanks guys:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online