How much money should I require back for this POS!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
ICFA, it came from his house to my garage in one day, no rain, and was stored inside from the minute it was off the trailer. Time line wise, we've probably had it about a month and a half. First day after we got it here we started pulling parts, cleaning them, swapping the 7.3 turbo stuff over, ect.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Your no idiot. Your someone that has been taken advantage of. Yes, it seems like the guy that sold you this motor has cheated you but thats a feeling, not law. The motor I bought because "it has hi miles on it" had a thrown rod and most of the cylinders were rusty. I expected the rust but the rod.... Nope. That guy was a damn liar plain and simple. Good thing he "escaped back to Mexico if you know what I mean on that. I was lucky and saved that motor. Thats not always the case. You can save your motor. It at least runs. Sure, Monday morning quaterbacking is just the way things go. Email the guy. It can't hurt and if you used a credit card do a fraud charge back. Let the merchant banks eat him alive. You don't mess with a merchant bank. They are for real and they don't take prisoners ever....

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg, how come this is like the third time you've come and practically posted Im a idiot in one of my threads? What did I ever do to you?????

So you're probably warranted in calling me an idiot.

Hey man, I do not think you're an idiot. If I did think that, I would have said it!

I am just stating that I know, from experience, that no engine is ever what it is claimed to be. Of the three engines I have bought as "running good when removed", all have needed complete overhauls.

Like was posted by another guy, I treat every engine as a core. no matter what.

That's just the voice of experience, bro, nothing more.

Now you have some of that experience. Hopefully, you learn from this and don't get bitten again.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, this has definitely been a learning experience. We have enough of these engines sitting here now that I think from now on we're just going to rebuild the ones we have.
No hard feelings Greg, it just seems like with experience with my other threads you've posted similar things and I was just kinda like what did I ever do to you to **** you off. Anyway, you're probably just like me, in terms of, I just say it how it is, and thats how I mis interpret things over the internet.

Anyway.
PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all good, bro, I wish I lived closer, I would have given you the complete running 1993 IDI that we ended up taking to the salvage yard with the rest of the truck....minus trans and axles, of course.

You can't hardly give 'em away down here.

Good luck with it,

Greg

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
It's all good, bro, I wish I lived closer, I would have given you the complete running 1993 IDI that we ended up taking to the salvage yard with the rest of the truck....minus trans and axles, of course.

Good luck with it,

Greg

Thats not right to post a picture like that!!!:backoff:backoff:backoff

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good luck with it,

Greg

:eek: Poor thing...........I would have loved to have that rig for a project truck....I wish I'd known and I would have taking it off your hands. I need a crew cab!

Heath

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck had manual windows....

Trust me, the truck was a beat down dogpile. It had led a hard, unloved life and was only good for one thing....donating parts to my '95...

I had the truck for 6 days total, I couldn't keep it hanging around trying to sell parts off of it.

My salvage yard buddy gave me $300.00 for it as it sat in that pic.

I gave him two rearends and that IDI core engine in the picture.

Greg

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Greg I think I know where you live. I have worked on and off at DFW and had some friends that lived in denton and we would go party there on the weekend, that stuff looks familiar.

6.9guy

Reaction score
Good ones are hard to find here too. The 1 ton I just bought has some problems! I drove the thing three or four times and climbed all over the thing before I bought it. I drove it for a couple of weeks, played with a few little things here and there, then one night on my way home and the damn wheel fell off. I was only going 25 but it could have been 80! The truck (had) auto hubs and they have threads that holds them on the spindle. Well thats all I had holding the wheel on! No spindle nuts! Dude ***! Anyway its all fixed now.

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Greg I think I know where you live. I have worked on and off at DFW and had some friends that lived in denton and we would go party there on the weekend, that stuff looks familiar.

Well, cool! If you're coming back this way anytime just send me a PM and if I'm in town we can tip a couple beers at my place.

Greg

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Just an update, I havent heard crap back from this guy. Emailed him twice and its been a couple days. Guess Im going to have to have a friend of mine in KC go pay him a little visit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online