Honda bumper

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
Thanks Scott actually the only help I got from dad was when I was removing the bumper from test fitting it

Well, looks like that was all you needed help with!!!

your truck looks good is that as high as it dumps I like how the hoist is mounted so close to the front gotta help with them heavy loads and make it more stable on uneven ground

No, it has quite a bit more travel actually, that is just where it started puking fluid out the front seal on the cylinder. Got a new cylinder now, should probably take a pic with it all the way up! :) Yes, I hoped to make it more stable by putting a little further forward, seems to have done that. I saw one of these hoists get ripped off a truck by a guy dumping on a side slip, just bent the heck out of it and made it useless. It was only a light duty 1 ton hoist as well, mine is a 7 1/2 ton according to grainmaster. Thought I would try to seperate the two support points to make it a little more sturdy! I have hauled and dumped 5 ton + (gravel pit is only about 4 miles from home) and nothing fell off, so maybe all the evenings I spent welding bed frames in that welding class paid off! If you have never welded bed frames, try it some time, that is the absolute worst metal I have ever seen, or at least it was, been a few years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online