Holley Red Pump dies

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
In a pristine, new and clean, fuel-system, such as you obviously have, that black could very well be from engine oil that has gotten in the fuel system, either via the mechanical lift-pump, or possibly from the injection-pump, although it is usually the other way around, fuel leaking into the crank-case through either of those points of entry.

A fuel-pressure gauge, installed between the filter and injection-pump, is a wonderful trouble-shooting aid, and it will warn of a filter blockage before it just quits running from lack of fuel.

There is no mechanical fuel pump! :) It's in the dump and bypassed, as well as having a block off plate. Could have just been all that clean fuel cleaning out the system, or nasty fuel, I don't know, didn't look like dirt, just a dark gray color.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easier than a bolt and cheaper than shut off valves is just slip some fuel line over the end of needle nose vise-grips and you've got a fuel line clamp.

:thumbsup: THANK YOU !!!;Sweet

I just got done using your idea.

I wish I had of known it a few days ago.

I have been entirely renewing my fuel system and have taken numerous fuel baths from fuel left inside lines that comes pouring out at the worst times.

From now on, a couple pairs of needle-nose vise-grips with fuel-line sleeves will remain in my fuel-line fixing tool-box.

Thanks.

cleithau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No prob, glad it helped. The ironic thing is two years ago when I removed my front tank, I didn't know about it and got a good diesel shower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online