hey need to know whats wrong

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I know its not a idi but can you guys help? Ok a 01 chevy silverado v6 with a distributor and a bad problem!! Ok i was sittin at school and about to leave then it sputters and i have to rev it up just to get out of park and then it finally dies welp turn it off and then start it runs fine til i get to my gf's house. Well I went through a little puddle of water mid you the engine was warm and battery seems new. But it would try to kick over and slower and slower then nothing no lights or anything after I jiggle the negitive and positive cable it fires right back up like nothing happened????:eek: I have a thought in mind but can anyone help me before tommorrow mourn? Also it has been raining off and on.

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the cap for condensation, that could cause it to run rough. then take your cables off your battery, clean the terminals and the clamps, then reinstall.

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, wipe the inside down

just a standard question, how long are your trips during the day? condensation can build up from driving short trips without allowing it to heat up and boil the condensation out. your PCV system should take care of it though.

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you can wiggle the cables on the side terminal batteries then the cables are probably loose enough for crap to get inbetween the connector and the surface that it needs to hit. check them out and see if theyre clean. clean connections are happy connections

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup. anytime you have full system electrical issues start at the battery and work your way away from it. its not gonna do ya any good to have good grounds when your pos wire is messed up.