Head first...........

John Deere

Reaction score
Not really on the list of cheap and easy, but can save alot of trouble and money in the long run, I recommend installing fuel pressure guages on these 6.0's to monitor the fuel filters. My brother installed them on his '04 and my dad's '06 last winter after Ford denied warranty on four failed injectors on the '06 blaming it on plugged fuel filters. They have come in handy as dad and my brother are able to now tell that the filters are plugging well before the recommended 10,000 mile interval. Just a suggestion.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Travis, there shouldn't be much difference between the 03, and 04. If he want a copy send me his mailing address. Keith

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all, Here is my first post as an owner of an Oilburner. I am appreciative of all the information that is available here. (Maybe I won't bug Travis as much, nah). See ya all.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Hey Mikey, I wasn't sure if it had been posted or not and whether or not your truck already has one but this is going to be my next mod for my truck...

Aluminum Diff cover with fins... Same as on the new 2008's...... only around $50 with the longer bolts and other hardware...

Diesel Manor sells them as a kit... you can buy them from your local dealer or an online seller for even less... I think I have seen them as low as $28

http://www.dieselmanor.com/motorcraft/FD-3Z4033A.asp

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I like the looks of those. In the next few days I am going to get under the rig and claen her up a bit with a wire brush and coat the frame and axles with some paint/undercoating stuff. Those diffy covers would look sharp too.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Sweet ride Mike!!;Sweet Starting over is a *****....& in my case EXTREMELY expensive. Enjoy!!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet ride Mike!!;Sweet Starting over is a *****....& in my case EXTREMELY expensive. Enjoy!!
I know Scott and I hope (crossed fingers and everything) that I have a good running rig here that is going to be relatively trouble free. If the 6.0 treats me as well as the 95 did I will be a happy camper. The 7.3 gave me no real troubles to speak of at all. It just got old on me.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I know the feeling. I love my firebirds to death, but i'm probably going to get rid of the 89 in favour of another IDI. My friend wants to sell me his 90' F250. It's a regular cab long bed, XLT Lariat, diesel with an ATS wastegated turbo, and straight piped. 150K on it, with the turbo recently replaced. Oh, it's also a 5 speed :thumbsup

dieselviznince

Escanaba MICHIGAN
Reaction score
Nice rig hope the 6.0 stays good, I know someone whos dad has a 2006 f250 and 6.0 puked at 34,000 mi. Dont know why :dunno But I do know the fuel rails are a big defective part on the 6.0 because some of the casting were faulty and got the injectors dirty, I used to work with 6.0 fuel rail casting all day, they were made in Marinette Wisconsin by waupaca foundrys, and Xrayed in Escanaba Michigan by Acuren Inspection, then machined in Escanaba at E.M.P. , but if you buy one and it makes past 10,000 mi you should be ok.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but if you buy one and it makes past 10,000 mi you should be ok.

We are well past 10K already, the miles on the truck actually played a large part of why I bought it. What ever was going to fail on this 6L should have already showed itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86