Has anyone put better seats in their truck?

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the driver's seat in my truck is worn out and not very comfortable on my back. I am not sure if it ever did, but at this point it has no lower back support at all.
so, i was wondering if anyone here has ever gone to a junk yard, found a newer truck and put the seats in? are there certain years that would bolt right on in place? Do junk yards want hundreds for a seat or are they reasonable in price?

i would really like to hear from anyone who has done this!
thanks,
paul

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I put an air ride pancake mount passenger seat from an International 9670 cabover semi for my drivers seat and another one like it that doesn't have the air ride, but has the fore-aft isolators for the passenger side and a center console/flip up seat from a '08 superduty in mine ;Sweet Seriously comfortable.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a set of quad cab captains chairs like bench seat thing thats really comphy but air ride is on the way when these wear out

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Flexsteel 40/20/40 in mine.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
I'd like to pick up a 40/20/40 or a 60/40 for mine. Wifey is very very short...I can't even get in the front seat if she's driving. The kiddo is a few inches taller than the wife & has commented that it's much more comfy riding when I'm driving ;Really

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PO put these in. Very comfy. Armrest with storage on top flips up for bench-style seat with 3 seat belts and a deep "hidden" storage compartment under seat. The middle piece is fixed but the two seats adjust independently over a wide range (space to push seats way back because it is extended cab). Also the seat backs can tilt backward or forward.

Attachments

• DSC00233.JPG
    DSC00233.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 59

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Mine came from Craigs List- an '04 Taurus, comfy light blue velour electric adjust buckets but no armrests. Goes with the darker blue OEM interior in a complementory way. Only one mounting hole on each seat bracket matched up and the floor pan hump wasn't quite in the right place for them but hey, it's my truck. Right? Drill, long bolts and washers to level and voila'- custom ride, LOL! The center console is OEM new surplus off of Ebay circa Powerstroke era... That took a buch of drilling and wiring too....

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how to figure out which years would be easiest to match up with an 89 f250?
thanks,
Paul

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think any seats coming out of a ford full size from 86 to 96 would work but you might have to drill some holes. I have a bench out of an 86 in my 92 that bolted into the existing holes. Heres the best picture I have of the Interior:
You must be registered for see images attach

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Photos for 87crewdually..

OK, I went out and took these only because you wanted to see, not because I'm particularly proud of the install. After seeing how nice other members trucks look I'm almost ashamed of Henry's interior, but in my defense I can honestly say that most of the effort spent on him so far has been simply to get him to be a dependable DD. -I wasn't kidding about the washers....

Attachments

• front2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 67
  • front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 30
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 23

1992F-250IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I went out and took these only because you wanted to see, not because I'm particularly proud of the install. After seeing how nice other members trucks look I'm almost ashamed of Henry's interior, but in my defense I can honestly say that most of the effort spent on him so far has been simply to get him to be a dependable DD. -I wasn't kidding about the washers....
yea looks cool but u really weren't kidding about washers looks like u wiped out your local hardware store:rotflmao but look nice

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of bucket seats out of an '86 F250 that bolted into my '89. However, my truck came with some SpringSteel seats that didn't agree with me, and I had to redrill the floor.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"u really weren't kidding about washers "

Thats what I was thinking when I saw the truck the other day.

Funny thing was I was thinking about doing the samething to raise my seat when I saw his.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online