Has anyone put better seats in their truck?

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I have 96' Eddie Bauer F150 seats in my 90' super cab. Love them!

these bolt rite in and are 100% comfy. air lumbar too. they are the 40/20/40 every one is talking about. the bucket seat conversions make the seats feel like they aren't bolted in. i've done both and the 96' Eddie Bauer F150 seats (40/20/40) made my truck feel like a new truck.

mike

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I put a 96 rear crew cab seat w the fold down arm rest in my 86
You must be registered for see images attach

FYI crew cab 80-97 (front & rear) seats are the same as a reg cab 80-97 seat. Supercab 80-97 seats are a seat of their own and the broncos 80-96 are a seat of their own as well.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brad, Crew Cab is the 4 door model and the Supercab is the extended cab 2 door correct?
I always just call my truck extended cab.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats interesting the super cab has its own bolt pattern for seats. I had to really search for the bench I bought for my truck, it came out of a single cab 86 actually.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
So, the bolt pattern is different and would require drilling, or will the supercab seats just not fit in a reg cab?

I have my eye on a nice pair of captain's-chair type seats at the pull-a-part, they're in a '89 super, I have a '84 reg, is why I'm asking.

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have supercab bucket seats from a 96 in my 93 regular cab. not a direct fit but with some drilling and tweaking they work just fine.

1992F-250IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I went out and took these only because you wanted to see, not because I'm particularly proud of the install. After seeing how nice other members trucks look I'm almost ashamed of Henry's interior, but in my defense I can honestly say that most of the effort spent on him so far has been simply to get him to be a dependable DD. -I wasn't kidding about the washers....
what kinda of center console is that looks like it would be nice

josh

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I got captains chairs in the motorhome. Thank god, long trips would be longer if I had to sit on my old worn out (but not riped) bench seat in my F250. The seat caved-in on the back and ars, i'm sitting about 3" lower than before.

swuchase1

Reaction score
console

thanks gus looks it looks really nice im gonna get 1 when i update my seats josh

look around i got the same console $100.00. Ijust finished mounting it had to do some trimming with a die grinder its a tight fit but looks great.trimming was not that much and its worth it no more soda(aka beer) on the dash when you stop fast

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the bolt pattern is different and would require drilling, or will the supercab seats just not fit in a reg cab?

I have my eye on a nice pair of captain's-chair type seats at the pull-a-part, they're in a '89 super, I have a '84 reg, is why I'm asking.

Pretty sure the bolt pattern is the same, it just has the split back and it's is angled back a bit more.

I want to find a factory 40/20/40 bench with fold down console / armrest out of a mid-90s truck.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Flexsteel seats are primo, I also have them. I am relatively sure they came in truck new and every single person who has been in my truck comments on them. They say the seats are what makes the truck ride so good. 250k miles on an ex-logging truck and one tear on a seam. They hold up very well. I would like to upgrade my center section to a newer style and the PO chucked the center cushion for cb radios and stuff. Flexsteel seems to be hard to track down.