GV for a 2wd c-6 tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i picked this thing up from a local guy around deridder it came out of a 86 f-350 CCLB. It was put on in 97' and had about 55k on it. The owner took me for a drive in it and it shifted great no shudder or hesitation. i would like to get 500 obo. This man has about 12 ford trucks. He owned a electrical/surveying company back in early 2000's but has sence retired and sold the buisness to a son-in-law. But he is a cool. resonable, old man. Call, txt, Marcus at 337-570-7538 or pm
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

swuchase1

Reaction score
I HAVE THAT SAME UNIT ON MY 88 4X4.IF YOU LOOK ON THE UNIT IT SAYS 4X4 LOCK OUT. IF YOU PUT IT IN 4X4 IT WILL BLOW A FUSE THAT IS AN IN LINE FUSE I WILL SEE IF I CAN GET UNDER MINE AND TAKE A PHOTO. YOU WILL HAVE TO DO SOME DRIVE SHAFT WORK WEATHER ITS 4X4 OR 4X2 OR NOT NOT A BIG DEAL. WITH A 3 SPEED C-6 IT IS A GREAT SET-UP MINE NEW WAS ABOUT 3000.00 BUCKS. DROPS RPM 700-900

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can this unit fit behind a 4x4 you have to replace the whole back half of the t-case correct? As darrin said C-6.

swuchase1

Reaction score
OK I went to GV today and talk to them. it mounts behind the transfer case you need an adapter for that .the adapter you show in the photo is for a 2wd as you said, but you can use it the under/ over in a 4wd with the right adapter. Sorry if I missled you just tryin to help if you have any outher questions about it like i said they are 1-2 miles from my office

Last edited:

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for stopping in and talking to them. How much do you think that adapter would cost?

swuchase1

Reaction score
that adapter is about $600 bucks from them. and no they dont kiss you or use lube, i would look on c-list or try to find one from a unit that was damadged some where i will call over there and aks if they have a used one cheep and get back to you.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to buy his GV unit but want to run it as a divorced unit I've got the divorced adapter I'd sell. I found one on Ebay and bought it but I decided I'm going with a Brownie box on mine ( eventually :rolleyes: ) .

If anyone is interested in buying the divorced adapter just shot me a PM.;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to buy his GV unit but want to run it as a divorced unit I've got the divorced adapter I'd sell. I found one on Ebay and bought it but I decided I'm going with a Brownie box on mine ( eventually :rolleyes: ) .

If anyone is interested in buying the divorced adapter just shot me a PM.;Sweet
can you post a pic of the adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.