Group 31's are awesome!!!

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
I hate to tell you but what you bought is called trash

Im not insulting you im joking around but all jokes aside wal-mart batteries are just cheap and they dont last long i have never been able to keep one much over a year,

The G-31's are awesome

Haha!

Really? Ive been running "wal-mart" batteries for almost over a year now... havent noticed a change in the slightest. They work great for me.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Never thought to try group 31s. My whole fleet runs on the wally world 65 maxx's, and I've only had two fail to charge under 3 years. Both times they hooked up their little tester and handed me a receipt to take to the front for a new one.

First time now I'm trying a dual optima red top setup for the '74 F-250, and I'll see how they do in relation to the wally worlds.

Adrianspeeder

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Never thought to try group 31s. My whole fleet runs on the wally world 65 maxx's, and I've only had two fail to charge under 3 years. Both times they hooked up their little tester and handed me a receipt to take to the front for a new one.

First time now I'm trying a dual optima red top setup for the '74 F-250, and I'll see how they do in relation to the wally worlds.

Adrianspeeder

Poor choice. Unfortunately, Optimas, are not what they used to be, ,and they don't stand behind them like they used to either. If you get 2 years out of the optimas, feel lucky. Even since they moved to mexico and started making the things out of used material, they have gone to junk.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Two years into a red top optima setup, and still happy. I was unhappy to find out after I bought them that they had moved to Mexico, but so far I have had good luck. I'll certainly post up when they go.

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too, have series 31's installed in my 1986 truck.

The original Ford batteries lasted 12 years. I replaced them with Sears 1000 CCA batteries - which also lasted twelve years.

Just a few months ago I replaced the Sears batteries with two Series 31 batteries that I bought at an International Truck dealer place for $86 each - on special offer :D:D:D The two 31's series are rated at 925CCA IIRC.

The batteries fit into the truck ok, but I had to install them with the +ve posts in towards the engine. The batteries had studs that needed adapters for the post. The -ve terminals came into contact with the hood underfelt insulation. To get around this I made two flat bar adaptors that took the post in towards the engine - they now sit under the raised portion of the hood front and no longer contact the underfelt.

Checked the old batteries after trying to recharge and found one battery at 10.4V (one dead cell) the other at 12.8V . The 10.4V battery looked good on the outside. The 12.8V battery has a swollen and bulging casing.

I am pleased with the new batteries - especially at the price I bought them for - they will probably be the last ones I will need to buy for this truck.

Yes, it sure does pay to have good batteries - especially if you live in a cold winter area. Around here, winter temperatures can drop down to -40C/F in a bad year. It is great to have the extra power when needed.

Thanks

mariner

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726