fox shocks are amazing

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
89 f250 sas sky's rsk v code springs
with Bilstein 5100 shocks on all 4 corners
not super thrilled with the ride. very bouncy.
it was marshmallowey when first put together, I added the front sway bar and it made the front stay squarer, and made the shocks work together instead of bouncing off each other.

I took a ride about an hour away with a coworker and he made me realize that the ride was quite rough. I had been questioning if shocks could help the ride. I had been thinking that the dampening was simply not enough because every bump you could feel it blow thru the shocks then hit the valving and have a harsh stop.

my boss had fox 2.0s laying around
pn:985-24-005
exactly the same length as my Bilsteins I had previously. they fit lifted 4" f250s or leveled f350s
driving the same road the ride is night and day better. much less bouncing, way less feeling of pebbles in the road, while having good road feel. way less driver input/fatigue driving 1 hr. worth the money to upgrade.
The down side is now I need to buy fox rear shocks because you can feel the difference between the front and rear shocks now.

I notice that you can feel slightly more of the road paint now than before. but that is because the shock isn't actuating yet, the moment you actually work the shock, it has way better dampening and is much smoother through the travel.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, good to know part number for real good shocks. I have F-super springs all around on mine with the 4in rear blocks, so mine sits close to the same on the front. I went to the bronco grave yard to get bugget ones, where there all for the cost of one your foxes. They get the job done and that all I ask, would need more weight on the front for a smooth ride.

JBG 2-4 Lift, Front F350 Front 85140
JBG,5- 6 Lift, Rear F250, F350 80-97 Rear 85150