Gotta love free stuff!!! :)

KanadianCC4X4

Reaction score
I was just given a wide rad shroud for my 6.9l. Hell yeah!!! not even mark on it or crack. just finished intstalling it along with the proper aux battery tray/washer tank/ overflow tank. starting to get my truck fully functional. also just finished repairing headliner and getting the dome light working along with new door jamb switches. i will post some pics as soon as i take some. well gotta call it a night.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did you have two wires going to the dome light? I've got two wires going to my dome light. It has the two map lights on the sides...

I can't leave a light bulb in the dome because it stays on, but if the map lights are supposed to be powered up at all times, then how do you turn the courtesy light off, seeing that I have only two wires connected to it?

Or are we supposed to turn the dome light on to use the map lights? cookoo

boosted power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The light grounds to the sheetmetal of the interior roof. One wire should be hot all the time for the map lights. The other wire is switched to give 12v to the dome when you open the door or turn on the interior lights.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, so with any door open, both wires should be hot? And with all doors closed, only one wire should be hot, right? Gotta check that out later on today...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did you have two wires going to the dome light? I've got two wires going to my dome light. It has the two map lights on the sides...

I can't leave a light bulb in the dome because it stays on, but if the map lights are supposed to be powered up at all times, then how do you turn the courtesy light off, seeing that I have only two wires connected to it?

Or are we supposed to turn the dome light on to use the map lights? cookoo

I have the opposite problem, the maps only work when the back doors are open, I noticed that there are some other holes in the roof strut for the contacts, I think its a matterof having them in the right place, also I used a van dome with maps as my truck never had a map light.

KanadianCC4X4

Reaction score
Sorry to reply to late, but I dont know much about the map lights! I only have just a dome light in my truck and one wire is grounded to roof and the other is hot only when front doors are open or using the interior light dimmer on the H/L switch.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct. On a tangent I recently replaced mine with the dome out of a newer Silverado. Took a little trimming but it was an easy 2 hour job. Looks much better than any of the ford factory domes, and throws out a TON more light.

Looks nice, problem for me, is Bronco is a custom....and has no headliner..just tin!...and lots of yellow paint...soon to be kahki

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just given a wide rad shroud for my 6.9l. Hell yeah!!! not even mark on it or crack. just finished intstalling it along with the proper aux battery tray/washer tank/ overflow tank. starting to get my truck fully functional. also just finished repairing headliner and getting the dome light working along with new door jamb switches. i will post some pics as soon as i take some. well gotta call it a night.
Way to go Kaleb, glad you got a shroud and got it in and the battery tray in too. Hope it all works correctly, it will tidy up that dogs breakfast you had in there...LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online