Glow Plugs

Hillbilly

Reaction score
I got in on these aswell. I had my plugs the very next day, being I'm not but 2 hours from one of their terminals. Thanks for the link guys. ;Sweet

Hillbilly

snatchal

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I drove 50 miles today to buy 8. Paid 25 bucks today for what cost me 75 a year ago. It might seem like a long drive , but I also had a Micki-Lou burger, which is always worth a drive to marinette.

slicknic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered up some today adn they still had stock in Washington State.

Thanks for the heads Up;Sweet A local dealer wanted over $20 per

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
A word of warning BEFORE YOU TRY THIS....Go onto the Auto Zone web page & print out the $2.99 price. I drove 30 miles out of town to pick up 2 sets. I get down there & he goes to ring me up for one set & says "All 8 will be $67" I'm like HUH!?! He said that there was no way they could beleve that unless I could print off the online page. So I got into an arguement with them & drove about 20 miles or more to the nearest computer with a printer & printed off the page to show them. I then drove another 20+ miles back there shortly before they closed & showed them the paper. Sure enough I walked out of there with 16 glow plugs for $46! The best part was that I had $20 credit on my Autozone card so one set of 8 only cost me $5. Really helped make up for the whole trip, since I called 2 dealers & both told me $25 a piece for the same thing! Whew...what a night!

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
If they still have them available at various locations you may have to call their main Customer Service 800# from Web page like I did to rattle someone into scrounging on THEIR computer to track them down. Don't leave call-back message, wail till open hrs & live body! GET NAMES!!! Be patient if you're talking to someone that can't speak very well....seems they really trying to be helpful !!!
Also Seems local stores don't really have puter link to access all other nation's stores!!!!?????

I called local store right after the heads-up on this thread & "Yup, we'll order 'em for you....be in on our truck in few days & you can pick up." Then suddenly that store couldn't get'em no-mo!

I then ordered 2 set over the computer, (printed out the order w/price & part #) week later order was canceled because warehouse was out!!!!(times-a-wasting, 2 weeks gone by by now & all you OB'er sacking 'em up!:confused: :mad: -cuss )

(also seems if 'ya get on puter & start looking for close by local stores & punch in part # & place order for "inperson Will Call" trying to see what's available at that particular store, that order is held for 24hr.....but now the quantity you "ordered" is taken from computer's available inventory & set aside for 24hr....hope I said that right!)

Anyway I then called their 800# & finally got help on 2nd call(& it's lucky I just happend to jot the 1st person's name down!!!)....I had to convince them that :hail I really did want them & that time really didn't matter-I could wait, I need 2set!....they started finding 11 in Memphis, 4 in Portland, 7 in....., 3 in....

Customer Service assured me that they would get me 2 set gathered up from around the nation & send them to my local store in Bend, Or for only $2.99 ea. & have my name & phone # on 'em...might take 2 weeks or so.

2 day later Local store called me.....I got there & wasn't 2set (16) but was 27 of those little rascals!!!!

I sacked 'em all up!!!!:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Talk about sackin em up....... Gees..... But really... I'm glad you got them. And getting more than you asked for pays off doesn't it...;Sweet

slicknic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent recieved my call with a tracking number yet so hopefully you didnt buy up the last of them :backoff

:)

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
trick-or-treat....

if you boys get in a bind, try to hold out till Halloween. Swing by the house & if the porch lite's on that'll mean I'm handing out chocolate coated ZD9's to all you little boys & girls!!!!:D :D
BTW, bring your sacks, you "Can sack'em up toooo!!!":rotflmao :rotflmao

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People like to make a big deal that the Cummins don't need glowplugs and I guess its nice, but when you get the IDI solid state system set up right and don't overadvance the timing, they tend to last well near to forever. BTW, back on topic, I tried ordering two sets from the autozone website, and I was told my order was cancelled because they were out. My local store quoted me for $7.99 each, so I kinda just gave up on the idea, but maybe I should be more persistent and show them an ad from the website.... I thought maybe it was web only or something.

Jake S.

clueless...
Reaction score
I called a local store and they have 8 of them. Going to get them this morn. But they said that about eight stores around here have around a hundred total in stock. Stores that the net says unavailable. go figure.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
JD, that $7.99 price is probably the Autolite part# 1108 for $7.99.
I'd suggest calling Customer Service @ 800-288-6966. May have to wait till Monday during open hrs. Don't leave a callback message, talk to live body, they answered me supprizingly quick everytime I called.
By talking to live body & them on their computor, they have access that lots of local AZ stores don't.
Try to have your Conformation # from your original order....it helps to show them you're serious about wanting them.

Look at my post on Oct 18th as to how I pulled it off....

I suspect there's lot's of these ZD plugs still floating round. AZ must'a made a down-'n-dirty deal on these ZD plugs....by the BIG shipload. & their still coming in....On Slow Boats From China. haha:D

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
so I kinda just gave up on the idea, but maybe I should be more persistent and show them an ad from the website.... I thought maybe it was web only or something.
Don't give up, just print it off & demand that they price match it to Auto Zone online & don't leave until they do. Trust me it does work.

dwaymar

dwaymar
Reaction score
yes just print it out and take it to them they have to honor the price this came from the AZ corporate office i had to call hell and high water to get a answer and that was it so i got 16 last week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online