Fuel trim screw A.K.A. torque screw

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if fiddled with mine but i havent seen any difference in smoke at take off or various rpms. no difference at all would i have to turn down the internal screw to see an effect?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you taken the solenoid cover off to see what the torque screw does?

Back out the Allen screw.

Attachments

• DVC01407.JPG
    DVC01407.JPG
    310.5 KB · Views: 99

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive backed the damn thing near all the way out and nothin. and nice pic othern the text in the way lol

and i havent been inside my pump dont really want to lol afraid of what i may find

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That i do believe is the one if i havent completely gone insane yet

Attachments

• IMG_20110208_142014.jpg
    IMG_20110208_142014.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 59

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went almost all the way out with it and nothing maybe its my imagination. be back in a few ima go test this puppy!!!! BAHAHAHA

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and the new verdict is.......................no noticeable change

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
when I adjusted mine when it was non-turbocharged I noticed more smoke and backed it off. Now that it's turbocharged I have it adjusted out about half way and I only get smoke when I accelerate in overdrive uphill and my tranny wont downshift. I'll adjust it all the way out and mess with the main fuel screw once I get my gauges up.

I didn't see a performance increase with it when it was NA though.. I don't think the NA motors lack in fuel, just in air. So adding fuel isn't helping anything.

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah. right now its a play toy/daily driver. once i get home and start towin again ime set it all back down to just above stock so nothin burns up lol. and yeah the idi n/a is definately the lack of air. plenty of fuel to shove just the air needs to be more plentiful. and im not slappin a turbo on it either. all the guys around have turbos and i just want mine original lol.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah. right now its a play toy/daily driver. once i get home and start towin again ime set it all back down to just above stock so nothin burns up lol. and yeah the idi n/a is definately the lack of air. plenty of fuel to shove just the air needs to be more plentiful. and im not slappin a turbo on it either. all the guys around have turbos and i just want mine original lol.

You ain't gonna see any difference without a turbo, might see a slight diff on a dyno. Why so advanced 12*, turboed set at 9.5* non 8.5* so I've heard.

No turbo, now I get it.
Person in the left lane at a stop light after tailgateing me: You know all that damn black smoke is polluting the enviornment!!!!!!!
ME: Got ya off my A$$ didnt it?

Go-On-Git-It!!!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well,environment reasons aside,there's no point in sending out unburnt fuel (rolling coal) out the tail pipe with diesel reaching up close to $4 a gallon right now either lol.
if there was a way to turn down the fuel below seeing 0 smoke and loose 10hp but gain .5 MPG id be doing it right about now lol.

id be careful with that particular screw if that adjusts the low rpm fuel flow,because as we know,the easier we take off from a start (little and slowly ease into the skinny) to get the heavy truck moving,the better the fuel economy will be.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with rolling a little coal on occasion, just don't go to crazy or the smoke ****'s will gitcha.
thats only where your at...in PA we support that habbit ;Really

well,environment reasons aside,there's no point in sending out unburnt fuel (rolling coal) out the tail pipe with diesel reaching up close to $4 a gallon right now either lol.
if there was a way to turn down the fuel below seeing 0 smoke and loose 10hp but gain .5 MPG id be doing it right about now lol.

id be careful with that particular screw if that adjusts the low rpm fuel flow,because as we know,the easier we take off from a start (little and slowly ease into the skinny) to get the heavy truck moving,the better the fuel economy will be.
awww but daddddd, its fun :rotflmao

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
wrong. pa will get ya. i got a excessive smoke warning a few years ago. few buddies of mine got it too. one got fined.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle