fuel tank sending units

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how hard it would be to get that ISSPRO gauge to communicate with the dash...what would have to be done to it.

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford manual shows 160 ohms full and 15 ohms empty. The isspro gauge is 240-33 Ohm and I believe is reversed, ie 33 full, 240 empty.

I was thinking of installing the ISSPRO gage and the matching sender, while replacing the factory water, oil and volt meter. It would be a late spring project instead of the replace the factory sensor now project.

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting the isspro senders to fit the tank and not leak is next to impossible.
The factory one's last a long while and some problems can be fixed by cleaning connections at the tank and switch valve.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'd be afraid of Russ. I hate the stockers. My tank pickups are bothe rotted off at 1/4 tank or have air leaks below that level. I think your source of sender repair kits may be the best option. Do you think they'd be ok on an 80-86?

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'd be afraid of Russ. I hate the stockers. My tank pickups are bothe rotted off at 1/4 tank or have air leaks below that level. I think your source of sender repair kits may be the best option. Do you think they'd be ok on an 80-86?
rockauto shows the sending units and the lock ring with o-rings, but I did not find the rubber pick up. Does Ford still have them?