Fuel Systems?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not directly. They make some that you could use, but they are overkill for an IDI. They are made to supply 50+psi of lift pump pressure, all the IDI needs is ~5psi. It would have to be regulated WAY down......

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh on here got a air dog system but i am not sure if he ever got it put in.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know I wanted an air dog myself due to air in the lines causing my engine to run rough at times, only at certain points of fuel levels in my tank.

Now that I have thought more about it, I dont have those issues anymore using WMO as fuel.
The holley blue I have on my truck has been very reliable even now pumping WMO
at 5 psi
The AirDog would be nice with its filters if I got it for free from a ******* playmate.

I plan on adding a 3 micron filter to my truck wich will be the third filter on my truck.

Javier

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Jared,

He does have and aid dog, but his truck has a Cummins 12v in it now....... so a different animal there.....

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Jared,

He does have and aid dog, but his truck has a Cummins 12v in it now....... so a different animal there.....

yea i guess i should have specified that but so far as i know he is running the stock Ford fuel delivery system and both engines run in the same pressure range. not an apples to apples, but a good indicator.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I've heard about puttin a holley blue on. What would it help?

I use to have a holley blue dont you remeber? when i first put my 86 back together it was holley eqquiped, unregulated too, but it died at the beggining of this winter