fuel sender help

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i dropd the side tank in my 94 idi and the inlet an out let were rusted that when i tryd to remove the lines they snapped off so where can i get a new sender also i saw we can use the strokes senders whats involved with that conversion and where can you get them at cant find them any where :mad:

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
I ended up having my mechanic order me one. It was $225 IIRC. You're in luck. I just pulled one from my truck I scrapped. Good shape, no locking ring. Pm me an offer and I'll add shipping.

On a side note; after installing my new under coated front tank and old sending unit yesterday I covered the entire assembly with a liberal amount of Never Seize. I hope to never have the rusted mess and ruined locking ring again. Wonder how long it will hold up? :dunno

Last edited:

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the never seize is a good idea mine had a new tank when i got her last year but my spring hanger broke last night so i decided to drop the tank to fix a small hole in the frame then three kinds of hell let loose on me but if your sender doesn't work then il have to fine an obs stroke one due to the fact they are stainless

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for purchasing the entire pickup and sending unit? Out of curiosity I have been looking for one and only have found the sending unit to attach to the pickup assembly.

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was told lms truck but i couldent find it on there web site but an up grade is to use the obs strokes sender because they are stainless but i couldent even find those

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U-Haul has one on ebay that might work. Autozone has the locking rings.

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FORDF250HDXLT thats a great link they said they can do most all repairs ie re tube them using stainless use an fittings and they are reasonable thank you