FS: 92 F250 Xcab IDI 4X4

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Im posting this truck up as a PARTS truck, it needs a lot of work to be road worthy again.
It is a 1992 Ford F250 XLT extended cab 4x4 automatic. 182K miles runs GREAT Grey interior, bench seat sliding rear window, class III tow hitch and 7way plug.
I know im going to forget things it needs, its been quite a while sence I have driven it on a day to day basis.
Needs:
*Powersteering gear box (pitman shaft seal and snap ring fall out, grove is worn?) NO POWER STEERING
*Brake work, very soft brake pedel
*rear driver side axle seal
*T-case shifter lever tranny mount (busted)
*rear brake work (odd issue) has new hardware and shoes!
*tranny getting old and weak. 1st gear shutters a little bit when loaded
*rear tank needs pickups lengthened (installed 35G Bronco tank, made tubes too short)
*Real rear tank straps, lower straps. Tank held in with HVAC ducting straps
*RUSTY
*Driver door, long story Door works, but front lip is peeled back

The front brake calipers and rotors n u joints were replaced a few thousand miles ago, rear brake hardware, cables, and shoes replaced 1000 miles ago.
It starts right up, the cold timing advance and idle both work well. I have had Amsoil synthetic 15W40 in the motor, and its time for it to be drained, same with the tranny. I have a new Sonnax accumulator valve to put in the valve body, the 4X4 works good. All power options except cruise work (never found time to try n find out why), A/C compressor did work, system not charged right now.
Took it on a 700 mile trip several months back and got 14MPG with 4K pounds in tow through PA hills on I81.

I am NOT parting this out myself, I have no time to do it, sorry guys. Buy it to fix or buy it to part, makes no difference, clean title. I will deliver but for a cost obviously.

$1000 bucks If I deliver (up to 200 miles 1 way, aditional charge after that) $800 u get it.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
The only pictures I have of it right at the moment are on my Webshots page. Clicky the link in my Sig. I will work on getting some more, granted I get home from work while its still daylight.

Also the Tires arent too bad, they'll make it through winter, but spring time if it was being driven, or the tires were being used, theyd need replacing.

they are Hercules LT235/85 16 load range E

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert