Fat guys, regular cabs

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed a huge difference in the column.

And that would explain it.

Ok, with that in mind, maybe Chillman is right, and a seat swap would actually help.

Dunno. It's a project for another day, now.

I've got too many other things to get done while the rain is not falling... :D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I have a height problem in both my bull nose trucks, head is on the ceiling which is annoying especially at stop lights (either lean forward to look up, or tilt head sideways and look like a spaz). Both still have the factory benches. The crew is nicer because I can lean back without my head hitting the curvature of the cab like it does on the regular cab.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Well for what it's worth several yr ago I raised my '90 bench seat about 2+inches with IIRC, a 2x4 & stuff & longer bolts. (Need to look next time I think of it) Anyway I'm happier, feels comfortable, etc. Works great. & I can look down on the little folks now.
& I got a height prob. too, I'm short & skinny!

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Update on my previous post:
I did not use a 2x4 & did not raise it 2"+. I did raise my seat about an inch, but with some spacers I made. The floor isn't flat so a straight board or something won't work. I recall now that even with longer bolts it was somewhat difficult because of the uneven floor. The front bolts angle front to rear while the rear bolts angle rear to front.
Anyway it's comfortable & I can look down on the little people.