f250 vs f350

pat_da_man

PatMan
Reaction score
possibly looking into getting a 99 f250 crewcab 4x4. wanted a one ton but this one looks nice. just wondering what the real difference is between the two? some people tell me nothing but a few leaf springs. is this true or is there more?
thanks
Patrick

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
springs and door jamb tag are the only difference , axles, brakes, engine and trans are all the same.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Yeah I was in the same boat I was looking at 350s and there just wasn't as many as there were 250's then I got to thinking shoot they are the same thing if I want to haul heavier I'll just add some air bags. Plus I don't know about there but here its cheaper to tag a 250

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was in the same boat I was looking at 350s and there just wasn't as many as there were 250's then I got to thinking shoot they are the same thing if I want to haul heavier I'll just add some air bags. Plus I don't know about there but here its cheaper to tag a 250

My 5th wheel camper weights 13,100lbs and my 250 single wheel did fine untill I hit a groove in the road or had a semi pass me or have a side wind and the truck would wiggle enough to get your attention. Now my 350 CC dually is steady as a rock. Not only that but I am within the weight limts, not over loaded.

Just adding air bags will not take that out, with 4 tires on the rear I don't have that.

I found my 350 for under $8,000 with 118,*** miles. The deals are out there, just need to look, I got my truck off E-Bay.

Real trucks have 6 tires, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4X4, Powerstroke :cheers:

Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Yeah ford had one hell of a scam going w the F350's. What is it? about 1000-1500 mor for a 350 over a 250 when new? The ONLY difference is the fender badge and the gvw sticker in the door jam:mad: Springs are even the same in the rear. 250 , 350 , and 350 dually are all the same 5 leaf springs!!! what a scam

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
My 5th wheel camper weights 13,100lbs and my 250 single wheel did fine untill I hit a groove in the road or had a semi pass me or have a side wind and the truck would wiggle enough to get your attention. Now my 350 CC dually is steady as a rock. Not only that but I am within the weight limts, not over loaded.

Just adding air bags will not take that out, with 4 tires on the rear I don't have that.

I found my 350 for under $8,000 with 118,*** miles. The deals are out there, just need to look, I got my truck off E-Bay.

Real trucks have 6 tires, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4X4, Powerstroke :cheers:

Yeah thats true but I didn't want a dually so I was only looking at srw 350's. No more then I will be towing with it it will handle it just fine:thumbsup:

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm i dont agree at all on this. Depends on the years.. if it is a 99 or newer they are more in common but the 350's have different frame options and sway bars etc etc. The thing i notice the most is the difference around the front and rear stabilizers, and if they even have them. With the duallys its a dana 80 rear vers the sterling 10.5. The f350s tend to come with more of the beefy componenets installed already to accomodate for the extra weight etc such as full sway bars etc etc

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Ummm i dont agree at all on this. Depends on the years.. if it is a 99 or newer they are more in common but the 350's have different frame options and sway bars etc etc. The thing i notice the most is the difference around the front and rear stabilizers, and if they even have them. With the duallys its a dana 80 rear vers the sterling 10.5. The f350s tend to come with more of the beefy componenets installed already to accomodate for the extra weight etc such as full sway bars etc etc

If ya read the original post. it says 99:dunno And he is looking at pickups. you can get these combos. reg cab long bed, supercab long bed, supercab short bed, 4dr short bed, 4dr long bed. In 250 and 350. The only"odd man out"is the dually but as long as as it is a pickup the frame is identical. 250 and 350 use 10.5 rears and the D50 in the front. Unless of course it is a dually, where you get a D60 front and D80 rear. Swaybar options are all the same. No difference between 250-350.350 and 250 but use the same springs. even duallys

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Brad: Still got the motor on the back of the truck, I tell everyone it's a rear engine drive. Might get it off this weekend. LOL Tried to get back to the pole barn, so soft sunk in 4 inches, good thing it's a 4X4.

Hey pat_da_man Get a F350 dually your going to need all the traction you can get where your at. :dunno

You must be registered for see images

pat_da_man

PatMan
Reaction score
i deal with snow tho, and from what i've seen they arent as good. i just dont want the dually cause the're a pain and i dont want to be one of those guys who ripped off their fender LOL. i didnt end up buying the f250 i was lookin at. but its good to know they are similar. i'm looking for a crewcab and for whatever reason it sems there are several f250 and less f350

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Um, most of the SD's have D60 front ends. Only a few of them had D50's, and those were solid axles too.

sassyrel

Reaction score
250 and 350 use 10.5 rears and the D50 in the front. Unless of course it is a dually, where you get a D60 front and D80 rear. Swaybar options are all the same. No difference between 250-350.350 and 250 but use the same springs. even duallys[/QUOTE]
unless of course it had the snowfighter package--which they also have a D60 front