exterior work

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have to ask; what is that rear bumper made of? Is it painted or raw metal (aluminum or SS??)?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
It is a stainless or chrome plated bumper from some aftermarket company. was on there when we bought the truck, I will try to see If I can find a sticker to tell me who its from

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I actually havent ordered them yet but you can find them on ebay, as far as i know nobody makes actual face replacements but there are some selling stick on faces for your gauges, check out dyoungs videos on youtube i think he has some and 7.3 idi guy had some.

I actually need to order some of those along with the clear led cab lenses and a few other things, im still far from done with it.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a stainless or chrome plated bumper from some aftermarket company. was on there when we bought the truck, I will try to see If I can find a sticker to tell me who its from

Looking at the color of the metal, I'm tempted to say its actually stainless steel but its hard to tell from a photo. Chrome usually has a brighter shade to it than stainless. Looks like a really nice job, who ever did it. I need to do something like that with mine.

A magnet might tell you if its stainless since most stainless alloys have weaker magnetic properties than carbon steel.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
its just plated there is one lone spot where the plating is peeling back and its rusting underneath so not stainless underneath, I cant seem to find a sticker on it but I want to say it had a hercules sticker on it at one time

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have to ask; what is that rear bumper made of? Is it painted or raw metal (aluminum or SS??)?

I have one that's gray and slightly bent I'll sell you for next to nothing...shipping might jump up and bite you in the butt tho... just shoot me a pm

I actually havent ordered them yet but you can find them on ebay, as far as i know nobody makes actual face replacements but there are some selling stick on faces for your gauges, check out dyoungs videos on youtube i think he has some and 7.3 idi guy had some.

I actually need to order some of those along with the clear led cab lenses and a few other things, im still far from done with it.

I found 7.3 idi guy's videos and they were either of dirtbikes or his exterior lights at night, I searched dyoung on youtube and got nothing but rap... go figure. I'm interested in changing the appearance of my gauges, could you help point me in the right direction?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
IIRC dyoungs YouTube account is fordguy429 or something like that. I can find out for sure

EDIT: it's Fordman420ci

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just cuious if it was stainless steel since it seemed that way in the photo. My bumper looks bad but its still solid so I'll keep it until I can make one from scratch (out of either aluminum or SS).

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
David,

On a bit of a side note, I saw a really nice bumper on an newer truck, (A Dodge), that appeared to be Stainless Steel, or Chrome, as it was not "diamond plate" it was smooth. I noticed a DMI sticker on the bumper. The only bad thing about it, it is an ag bumper with the spring loaded hitch intergrated into it.

It looks alot like this one.....

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There sure is some nice suff out there but I couldn't bring myself to buy something like that when I can make it. Dad is nearly finished mounting the plasma cutter on the CNC router table....

Sure would be fun to make something out of stainless steel though. I never get to work with that stuff as often as I like.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online