End of an era...

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you know I crossed over about a week ago. The family has grown and the dually just wont cut it anymore and I havent been able to find a 4-door Bronco, 6-door crewcab or Excursion locally or in my price range so...
Bought a 91 suburban diesel 4-speed to get us through till I can get something else. I'm happy with it and dont plan on doing anything to the engine as for the dually, I think its gonna get a new fuel system and sold. It has been a great truck and I DONT want to sell it but we cant all fit in it. It has served me well over the last 7 years and 100K miles and will be missed. I still have the 92 project truck and would like to finish it someday but I dont know if it will ever happen at this point.

Heres the new addition to the family...

Attachments

• 0718101236a.jpg
    0718101236a.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 0718101237a.jpg
    0718101237a.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 16

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Oh dang! 91 is a great year for the GM's and the 6.2 with a 4 speed is icing on the cake -Drool Is it turbocharged? We recently put an ATS kit on my friends 6.2 and you wouldn't believe the exhaust manifold design :eek: it works great though.

Black dawg

Reaction score
the 4 speed is a huge plus in that suburban. I put 5 700r4s through my 6.2 burb before putting in a th400. also is the speedo accurate in that burb, it is very easy to correct with out buying parts.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I want one too. But I want like 70 other cars or somthing like that.

SWS

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you know I crossed over about a week ago.

I hope you don't mean the kind of "cross-over" that wannabeagirl did over on the Dodge site a few weeks ago; you're wording scared me there for a second. :eek:

As for the "Suburban", you all have really got me confused :dunno ; what does Chevrolet call their version ??

Thanks. :)

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope no turbo, speedo is off a little I'll probibly just deal with it for now.

Yeah is was Jeremy's burb, I like it cuz its about the same paint as my old 75 GMC.

For some reason chevy and gmc are both a suburban.

Black dawg

Reaction score
search "digital ratio adapter controller" you will find all the info you need to make the speedo accurate. the box is attached behind the dash by your right knee

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll just need a new speedo gear to correct the speed, if I remember correctly for that year.

I LOVE the old Burbs, and still have the original 700R4 in my 82 (or at least the rebuilt transmission GM paid for not long after my folks bought it new) and it's been put through a lot - my mom and brother. Nothing wrong with GM diesels either, I think you made a great decision. I still haul around in the Ol 82 even though the body looks like I parked it in an artillery range.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve, Enjoy the new to you Suburban. Missy has a GMC Yukon XL (what GMC calls the Suburban now) and they are huge inside. Lots of room for lots of folks.

We missed you at the Rally. Hope you can make it next year.;Sweet

Hopefully someone from OB can provide your IDI with a good home.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you had to make the change Steve. Good luck with it.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'd like to be at next years rally but it will depend on if I can get the time off work. I'll still try to make it to eveything I can. I didnt really want to make the change but I didnt have a whole lot of options.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Sweet burb! we have one in the family and there a awesome truck for hauling or camping or driving the crew, And the 6.2 is a decent engine to

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.