An power steering lines?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol you have a commercial sized ps reservoir. Does it have the filter in it too? Shoot I'd keep it just for that.
As jury rigged as this is, it looks great, I'd leave it.

Yes, there is a filter in it. I would like to keep it, but the wight is snaping the hose clamps that hold it to angle iron. Not sure on better straps for it, to keep it in place.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through a similar situation when building the hybrid Cummins/Ford Power Steering hose from engine-mounted pump to the steering gear.

When I first built the truck, I went to the local auto-parts store whose biggest thing was making hydraulic and A/C hoses.

The guy said no problem and I watched him take the Cummins end and the Ford end and mate them together with a length of hose for a minimal fee.

Ten years later, the section of hose starting pouring a leak --- no problem, I thought, as those guys were still in business.

I took my leaking hose to them and they denied ever having made such a thing and swore they were unable to and that I was just mixed up if I thought they had ever made it; I definitely wasn't mixed up but whatever..... it's not like I expected them to warranty a ten-year-old hose --- I just wanted them to make another.

So, I started digging and found the proper JIC fittings I needed.

I used Russell Braided Stainless hydraulic hose and some sort of Russell make-it-yourself ends and put together a much better hose than anything the hydraulic shops could have made; and, now that I have the steel JIC fittings installed on both ends, replacement is as easy as unscrew the old and screw on the new --- it will take longer to find the wrenches than to do the job ----- JIC is definitely the way to go.

My hose has now lasted almost another ten years - my how time flies...