Edge Evolution programer?!?

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
A friend of mine has an edge evolution programer he is thinking of selling, and I'm thinking of buying it off him since the price is right. Are there any downfalls that any of you guys know with these programers??? Just wanna know if this is alot better [seeing as they can read and delette codes like a scanner], then the "cheepo" splice/plug in, dial tune chips are?!?!

Thanks for any help in advance!
Aaron

Ford02

Reaction score
You,ll probly get a thousand opinions on whats better but if I was you I would ask your friend if you can try it for the weekend . You,ll know know after a couple trips around town if you want it.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont waste your money.just get a chip from a vender with custom programs.you be happier.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
He did give it to me to try out for a little. It makes a differnce, but not as much as I thought it would. He want $250 for it and they sell for about $400 new. The one thing I do like about it is that you can check and clear codes with it as well.
I thought about the cheaper plug in chip, that is what I was looking at buying. This just came up in conversation last night, and his truck is out of comision at the moment, so I thought I would check it out.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the chips arent that cheap unless you get the wussy ones with one generic program :puke: get ahold of bdp get a chip with tony wildman programs,can go from 1 to 6 settings.trust me you will thank me later.

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the programmers like the evolution and superchips erase the ECM programing and install the new program. the more this is done, the closer you come to killing the ecm... also, the chips that are inserted into the ecm can cause ecm damage during installation, as you have to chip out an epoxy like filling in the plug hole. i have a juice/attitude edge box, which only connects inline with sensors. it is safer for the computer, but, i guess its half a dozen of one and six of another...

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also, the chips that are inserted into the ecm can cause ecm damage during installation, as you have to chip out an epoxy like filling in the plug hole. i have a juice/attitude edge box, which only connects inline with sensors. it is safer for the computer, but, i guess its half a dozen of one and six of another...

just gotta be gentle cleaning the contacts,thats all.juice attitude you couldve made yourself for around 20 bux at radio shack.its only a glorified 10/18K mod