E4od transmission parts

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello again, I tried a search and couldnt find anything.
I am needing to know a list of what is best parts for a bullet proof E4OD rebuild. I think it was Trackspeeder , that listed several items once before. Any help would be good to know, TIA

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
A quick summery of parts. More or less will be required depending on the year and previous rebuild.
Billet input shaft.
F5 pump.
Upgraded Sprag
various snap rings. You want to fine tune the clutch pack specs.
Upgraded center support with retaining ring.
Center support shims.
Steel planetary carriers. Most early are aluminum.
A new sun shell.
A good gasket set
A big *** cooler. True Cool or a cooler from a 6.oh 5R110.
TransGo Tugger, or Sonnax Sure Cure kit.
Billet cover multi disk converter is a must.

Most important Specs. ATSG manual and upgrade manual will cover the specs.Well most of them.
If you use Alto brand clutch packs. Use their spec. If you go with Borg, use the spec in the manual.
Some machine work will be required to add more frictions and steels to the clutch packs.

The list will grow when you dig into the tranny.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your response, Trackspeeder. What do you think would be a normal price for a trans overhual? I recived a quote from a local shop of 3K with 1 year warranty no tax. but i have trust issues with anyones workmanship, there is no way of knowing what he is actually going to do and replace as far as the overhaul

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
To totally build the tranny 5k for a shop to do it. That would be using some frozen parts and lots of billet.
3-4k to build a very stout tranny through a shop.

Ask to see the parts. Most good shops will go over everything needed to do a rebuild.
Ask to see the carnage if you blow it up.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i started asking the guy that quoted 3k about putting in upgraded parts like steel bearings in place of bushings , better pump and steel pinoins in place of aluminum ones. He told me to build it myself, he was not my guy! I told him at least he was honest, im not paying 3k for a new clutch pack and gaskets!!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also added extra clutch friction plates to several of the clutch packs (1-2, 2-3, and 3-4). Made a big difference in high throttle upshifting. I see you're running a turbocharged engine. If you plan to upgrade power later on, you might want to consider this as well.

I modified some of the clutch pack clearances in my transmission to add the extra frictions, but you can also get thinner clutch packs from Alto that accomplish the same thing.

Here's a couple build threads that show the different approaches to the same idea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online