e-pump for system LIKE

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
you have zero use or need for an air dog. Those things are for powechokes that fire 3-5 times per stroke at insanely high fuel pressures. if there is any air in there from foaming a couple of those pops can be dry fires, but our old mechanical injectors only fire off one big spray per stroke , an airdog is simply an expensive add on that you have zero use for

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is actually an Airdog that has an adjustable regulator that adjusts from 10-13psi that is advertised for 12 vavlve Cummins. That would work for an Idi. I think that a fuel filter system and even a pump upgrade is a good thing because their is a lot left to be desired from the stock system. Plus it is an electronic lift pump too. I do agree that is quite over priced but it is a good product. It just depends if someone wants to build something like it or if they just want a bolt on...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I know someone here has this setup. Have not heard how its working on our engines yet. I'm in agreement with the above posting. That system works on a completely differant system need and at a much higher pressure than what we can use. On the one side of this... I sure would be interested in seeing this work for us. But I feel its going to need several modications to work for us. We have a simple spring mechanical injector. Its a simple way to get fuel into the precups. Not much more to it.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I would be curious to see how it worked too. But in all honesty, I think I'm eventually going to copy Justin's setup. He is using a Superduty pump regulated down using a boost referenced regulator and a good set of Baldwin fuel filters. It would be cheaper and just as good in my opinion.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno....expensive...there are some 8PSI units that would / could work for our applications but 600+ tends to scare me when the Carrier pump is 80 bucks!

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
...Those things are for powechokes that fire 3-5 times per stroke at insanely high fuel pressures. if there is any air in there from foaming a couple of those pops can be dry fires...

You must be registered for see images attach

Give this a try:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+HEUI+injectors+work?

Anyway, as previously stated, there are cheaper alternatives than airdog fuel systems for the IDI. But its your money.