Dually Bed

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
How hard is it to "convert" a SRW bed to a DRW bed? I see that it needs the wheel well cut out more but doesn't it also have a lip for the fiberglass fender to bolt to? Has anyone done this before with good results?:confused:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the best way is to use a set of conversion fenders or find a dually bed.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the price some ask for them stock used dually beds,you could just buy a whole working dump bed.cookoo:rotflmao

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah,pretty hard to beat that then.that's more like it.nice deal.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you are going to run a dually rear end you will need the dually front spindles and need to change all the rims. If you don't and only run the dually wheels on the back... You will need a srw rim and a dually rim for a spare tire because the fronts and backs will be differant rims. You can run the same srw axle setup with dually spacers but buy the good sapacers. Not the cheap ones. Some have had there wheels get loose and pass them up on the roads when they get off the axles...:eek::angel:

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
If you are going to run a dually rear end you will need the dually front spindles and need to change all the rims. If you don't and only run the dually wheels on the back... You will need a srw rim and a dually rim for a spare tire because the fronts and backs will be differant rims. You can run the same srw axle setup with dually spacers but buy the good sapacers. Not the cheap ones. Some have had there wheels get loose and pass them up on the roads when they get off the axles...:eek::angel:

The truck is already a dually. Bed was just rusted. I'm doing the Mel-mod to convert the ifs to a d44 from an F-150. Gotta have 4x4 for the winter. I am having a difficult time getting the Chevy spindles and such. Guy has em three hours from me but we never seem to meet up.