Does this come off???

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this Pull Off, Twist Off, or Neither?? Its leaking pretty bad while running and while off.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanx for the Help!!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
That electrical connection does come off. To the best of my recollection a gentle pry upwards will get you where you need to be. I am unfamiliar with how to repair the leak.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
There are a couple of orings in there. You have to take the whole head apart to get to them. There is a "how to" here someplace.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I called my ih dealer, they said they did not have the part....when I called back with the part number from that read, they suddenly did have them. Ask for the specific part number in that thread and you will be able to get the o-ring. Good luck!

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you want it to just have it pull the plug and just deal it up with JB weld. Its really a useless system and a waste of time to fix it in my opinion. Done that with both my trucks with no ill side effects.

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea just read the Thread. Damn! That was my way to get out of the house and not take the lights down.:D Looks like up to the roof I go, Christmas is over! Maybe I can find another way to get under the hood and not on the roof.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Unless you want it to just have it pull the plug and just deal it up with JB weld. Its really a useless system and a waste of time to fix it in my opinion. Done that with both my trucks with no ill side effects.

Which do you think would be better for that: the quick steel in the tube? Or the epoxy kind that you mix together from the separate tubes?

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure if fuel goes by it, then it needs SEAL!! I pry'd on it a bit, didnt wanna give it a snap!

Prying on it is a great way to break it. I just fixed my fuel heater leak a month or so ago. A much better way to remove the plug is to soften it up with a heat gun. The plug is rubber that has simply become very hard do to years of heat and diesel fuel. A little heat from a heat gun will soften it up just like new and it will come right off.

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its really a useless system and a waste of time to fix it in my opinion. Done that with both my trucks with no ill side effects.

That's the same opinion my buddy had about his fuel water separator when he by-passed it. Worked fine for about 15 years until he got a load of water in his fuel tank....and that didn't happen while goofing off at home. He was about 600 miles from home and 300 miles from his destination. He had a whole lot of fun pulling over every ten miles to dump the water out of his fuel filter and onto the side of the road. Not to mention the truck didn't want to pull squat and the engine sounded awful.