Does the Steering Stabilizer actually do anything?

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2wd dually had a steering stabilizer when i go it, i put a new one on it it in the same place but it doesnt look like it came from the factory. Is this something that needs to be installed? I have literally all new front end parts, i still feel the steering could be better/have better feed back and i'm wondering if this is a necessary part.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You don't have to have it, but it good to have. Especially if you do rough roads or have bigger tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not on a two wheel drive truck. All of my 4 X 4 trucks ( 4 ) didn't have the steering stabilizer until my current truck that has one. At first it made the steering feel 'dead', but I got used to it. Takes the harshness out of the truck on rough roads.

Dave

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha well i just did new upper, lower balljoints, inner outter tie rods, bearings redhead gear steering box and borgeson steering shaft, new lines, and 5k ago i did new front spring, seats, shocks, sway bar bushings and links, both sets of bushings on the beams. It steers fine and drives straight (had correct alignment and i have adjustbale bushings) the steering just feels "dead" as a good way to describe it.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ask if it does anything....well clearly it does...it made you ask if it does anything and thatz something :rotflmao

Only you know if it helps or hurtz or does nadda in your situation....