Reaction score
heres the dodge rims but the wont work

and heres the 16.5's

whats the deal with 16.5s im not too familiar with the problems with them

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent ever owned a set of 16.5's but I think you have a smaller selection of tires available.

scrappy

Reaction score
16.5's use a different bead that isn't very good at keeping the tires on the bead,it is very shallow and relies heavily on air pressure to keep the tire on the bead. the beads on the 16.5 is shaped kinda like this:\____, (no bead retention ring)where everything else is more like l___^_(bead retention ring)

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
You will have to enlighten me on which year Ford switched to the 100mm metric 8 pattern. Otherwise, the lug pattern is the same on all 8-bolt wheels. 8 on 6 1/2, clear back into the 50's, I believe. I wasn't aware of the clearance issue on the calipers, but I know the GM wheels have a smaller hub pilot hole.

The only benefit I've ever seen, with 16.5's, is they used to be wider than a comparable 16. That is prety much moot, since there is such a variety of size vs aspect ratios, in the 16's.

Only one person I know, has bought 16.5's recently. He has large tires, on a lifted Chev. He liked the way that they look, with a slightly larger wheel, in the big tires. BUT, it's strictly a driver. He rarely, if ever pulls anything with it. At most, a car trailer, with a hobbystocker onboard.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Ford switched to the metric pattern with the 99 superdutys.

The chevy rims have the same 8 on 6.5, but the hub hole is smaller and wont clear the ford hubs.

Adrianspeeder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online