Died won't stay running

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1997 PSD 7.3 E-350 original owner 325K did run like a swiss watch never a problem. Just died going down the road got it restarted with eather went about 2 miles died now no start. Oil is up, tank is full. new fuel filter was dirty still no start. GPR two weeks old motorcraft. Oil resovwar full, Starter and batteries new. Fuel pressure at the regulator schrader valve is 10 PSI cranking I don't have a scanner before I tow it to the shop should I check anything else ??
CPS is original it restarted twice so I was thinking no but I did read that guys-post about them acting like this

IPR ???

Is there any thing else to check ??

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a CPS from a IH dealer, cheaper there than Ford. Be sure and specify your truck year or get the serial number off the engine located next to the oil filter, I believe the one you need is IH P/N 1825899C93, but check with them. More than likely that's your problem, Easy to change, located lower pass side next to crank damper pully, takes a 10mm socket short entension 1/4" drive, twist and pull to take out.

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wont stay running RUNNING NOW

I realize the high side of the pump needs 40-70 psi but at the schreader valve on the side of the regulator When cranking is 10 psi But the good news is New CPS We are on the Road again

By the way the new IH part number for the no longer blue CPS is
#1885812C91 $119-

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay running

Don't get me wrong I am not saying your wrong, Just that it started up and I never checked it again. Thanks for your help

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
won't start

Yes I got the letter this summer. My reasoning not to do it was the first one made it 329k miles don't mess with perfection. Nothing works after the ford garage touches it and they are going to put in another ford one. I got the IH one in and runs even better than before.Thanks