Dealer installed air conditioning. Who has it?

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for pictures of how they mounted the a/c compressor bracket. I have a bracket and York compressor that came off a 86 with dealer installed air. But for the life of me I can't figure out the bracket. I pulled it two years ago.

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck has dealer A/C. I don't know what "style" the compressor is, but the model is HR980. I can take pics later this evening when I get home if you want.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes please. York style compressor looks like a rectangle box with a pulley out one side. Lol

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't help to much, you removed what I was trying to figure out. Lol can't figure out how the ps bracket and the Ac bracket mesh together

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't help to much, you removed what I was trying to figure out. Lol can't figure out how the ps bracket and the Ac bracket mesh together
see the two open bolt holes? one in the front right above the alu ps bracket and the one in the rear where you can sneak in a nut behind the plate? see below pic.

Attachments

• P1050186.JPG
    P1050186.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 90

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of how my compressor is mounted near the PS pump. It looks like Towcat already gave you a pic of what you needed to see, but let me know if you would like any more pics of the setup.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has dealer A/C. I don't know what "style" the compressor is, but the model is HR980. I can take pics later this evening when I get home if you want.
The hr 980 compressor was pure junk! Today there's no new ones made and the old ones are welded so there's no rebuilding one. The so called rebuilt ones got a new front seal and that's it! Seems silly to go through all that work cobbling up brackets and what not when a factory AC would be a bolt on

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I'm guessing he wants to mount it for on board air?

The sandan's (sp?) are easy to get for A/C. Usually the only 2 times someone wants to use a York for is a stock restoration or as an air compressor.

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hr 980 compressor was pure junk! Today there's no new ones made and the old ones are welded so there's no rebuilding one. The so called rebuilt ones got a new front seal and that's it! Seems silly to go through all that work cobbling up brackets and what not when a factory AC would be a bolt on

I really don't know what the differences are between the stock and dealer systems in terms of how they are mounted. I do remember that the A/C guy told me that my compressor is obsolete, and I didn't believe him until I researched it for myself. Luckily mine still works just fine. Almost blows too cold. But maybe Ford offered several options for dealer AC. I really wouldn't know.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I will be using it for oba. Still looking for a good pic of the front mounting with the large ps mount plate

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what I have: was dealer installed. The compressor is not what you have.

Attachments

• DSC00250.JPG
    DSC00250.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00251.JPG
    DSC00251.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member