Dead batteries again

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure everything external on all batteries is lead-free these days. Even the terminals are lead-free.

Gold? At the prices mentioned, the battery should be filled with gold. I can get 875 CCA 84-month group 65s made by Deka for $100 a pop any day of the week.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
I use exide brand, 3yr warranty, 900cca, lead terminals. If you have parasitic loss, try installing a 120a solenoid at the power supply cable running from battery to fender relay

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No parasitic loss it was the batteries they were shot beyond repair, paid 100$ for the pair as "refurbished" batteries when I was in a pinch two-ish years ago the new ones are advanced autos best non agm batteries with 1000cca@32 and 850cca@0' 3 yr warrantee plus I know the people very well and would probably replace them for me even after 3 years. All charging system is new and terminals and grounds are new. Positive cable is in pretty good shape I'd rate it at a B+ lol

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
No parasitic loss it was the batteries they were shot beyond repair, paid 100$ for the pair as "refurbished" batteries when I was in a pinch two-ish years ago the new ones are advanced autos best non agm batteries with 1000cca@32 and 850cca@0' 3 yr warrantee plus I know the people very well and would probably replace them for me even after 3 years. All charging system is new and terminals and grounds are new. Positive cable is in pretty good shape I'd rate it at a B+ lol
Meanwhile, i have yet to tighten down my ground clamps on either batteries- they have been off enough to merrit not doing that. And half the insulation on the ground cables is goneday on my ride also. She gets going everyday, lol

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had the grounds not been cut and re terminaled a couple times before I got it(assuming) so short I couldn't put new terminals on again I wouldn't have replaced them idk what the last owner did to them lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online